Prayers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you all so much!! I really appreciate all the prayers. The report from the pathologist hasn't came back yet, so they don't really know what we're dealing with yet. The cervical cancer can't be removed, at least by the Dr.s here. I had a really bad feeling about the out come. Her gynecologist has been treating her for 3 months for problems with the uterus, those tests came back cancer free. She finally went to our regular Dr. he is the one that ordered the cat scan and found the cancers a week ago Wednesday, Thursday we seen a cancer Dr. and Monday was  the surgery. They were able to reconstruct the bowel so she doesn't have to have a bag. She was up walking Tuesday afternoon, she's a lot tougher than I am.

Thank you all so much. Charlie 

Found out today, there is only 1 kind, bowel cancer, that has spread to other organs. The cancer Dr. that did the surgery only does ovarian cancer, so we will have another Dr. our first appt, is next Wednesday, then Thursday to get the staples out. She had another cat scan done today, don't have a clue why. At least she is in less pain now, than before the surgery. Thanks for all the prayers. She is very positive and says GOD will make her heal.

I'm praying for you too!  Stay positive and try to take good care of yourself as you help your wife through this.

God bless you-
Jenny

Update.  Staples out tuesday, 2 holes that didn't heal, that has to be stuffed with gauze 2 times a day. I got so light headed when the DR. was doing that I almost passed out. I can't do it, but at least I do help. My daughter-in-law is doing it for us, for now. I'm getting better and may be able to do it myself in a couple days. Seen the 2nd cancer DR. today, she is telling us that it is stage 4 colon cancer. They usually don't start patients on chemo until the openings in the belly have healed but she said they may start the week after Thanksgiving. She is going to take Donnas case to the board to see if maybe there is a DR. in Chicago that thinks another surgery could take place to remove the pelvic cancer if it responds to the chemo. It will have to shrink some before that can happen. Guess we'll know more in a couple weeks. 

Friday 1:45
Just found out they will put the chemo port in Wednesday morning at 6:15 AM. , and start chemo the week after Thanksgiving.

Thank you so much for all the prayers, my wife says she knows they do help.

Tell Donna we're sending loads of good wishes her way!

ArdraF

Update..  Well I was able to bring myself to start packing the holes left from surgery. One is healed up and the larger one is doing fine, healing nicely. She had a chemo port put in a week ago Wednesday. The Dr. gave her the OK to go back to work part time, so she has been doing 4 hr days since last Friday. I believe going back to work has helped her. She's getting stronger each day, and it's keeping her mind occupied. The reports came back from the pathology and they have decided what kind of chemo she has to have. The insurance co has given the OK so we will start chemo next Wednesday. The nurse told me yesterday to bring some snacks because we will be there all day. Thanks for all the prayers, she remains very positive, saying god will see us through this. If the chemo works and shrinks the cancers she has left then we will go to Chicago or Cincinnati for another surgery.

Thanks again for all the prayers Charlie.

It's good to hear everything is going well. Deb and I are still sending our prayers. Both of you keep hanging tough, God will carry you through.

It sure sounds like all the prayers are working, we are keeping you and your wife on the church prayer list. You have to stay strong to keep her spirits up. Trust God, He can do all things.

Donna, I prayed this before your surgery and now once again. . .

For Health of Body and Soul

"May God the Father bless ? you,
God the Son heal you,
God the Holy Spirit give you strength.
May God the holy and undivided Trinity
guard your body,
save your soul,
and bring you safely to his heavenly country;
where he lives and reigns for ever and ever."
Amen.

We had a misdiagnosis and we then went from NM to MD Anderson in Texas for the right 2nd opinion for my wife Bev. . .unfortunately, we needed to have gone there first. But they bought us precious time.

Positive thinking is the best medicine for a full recovery.
As a cancer survivor myself, I can attest to that statement.

On a very positive note, just look at the news surrounding former President Jimmy Carter, who now has been told, his brain cancer is totally gone.  I'm sure his positive attitude and religious beliefs had a lot to do with this outcome!

Also look at Maryland Governor, Larry Hogan. People wrote him off as soon as he announced he had late stage 3 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. He announced it June 22nd. On November 16th, he announced he was cancer free. Governor Hogan has beliefs similar to President Carter. Tell her we're still praying for her and know we are praying for you also to have the strength to deal with this.

UPDATE  Thanks again for all the prayers. Today was an all day chemo day. The very first drug they administered made her really sick and caused major back pain, so they had to stop. The rest of the drugs were OK and the one she has to take is administered by a pump. It has to run 48 hours then be removed. They will teach me how to remove the pump Friday as the holidays are coming and they will be closed on pump removal day. Friday she has another cat scan to see how much the cancers have grown since the last one, and get a base line to see if the chemo is going to work. The chemo that made her sick was to be administered once a week, then the others will be every other week, 4 different types. The Dr. has to resubmit a different chemo to the insurance co before she can start the replacement.

Charlie.

Chemo is not fun under the best of circumstances but more so when it makes you really sick.  The good news is the chemo has been started.  The sooner the better so that's really good.  Tons of good wishes coming your way!

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom