Prayers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UPDATE
Many thanks to those who pray for my wife and I. We did get some good news last week before our chemo treatment. Her cancer markers have went down from 23. something to 2.03 so the Dr. says the treatment is working. She has scheduled another cat scan for the 22nd after her next treatment. If the tumors have reduced, she will contact the Drs. in Chicago to see what they think about doing another surgery. She has been doing pretty well, lately, not so sick, and seems to bounce back much quicker. The coldness side effects however are getting worse, and we have had a very cold spell for a couple weeks. She can't touch or drink anything cold, then it has to be through a straw. Can't drink water from the refrigerator from a glass as her lips burn like they have frost bite. She has been back to work for a while now and does put in 8 hrs most days. Going back to work has helped her stay strong, I believe. I was against it at first, but she was right. Good thing she likes chicken soup, because that's about all she can keep down the first couple days after chemo.

Thanks again Charlie.

GOD IS GOOD!!! We'll keep the prayers coming. It's good to hear she is getting better.

God is indeed Great.
I am glad to hear the progress and to know HE is agreeing with out requests / prayers.
Prayers and thanks continuing.

Thanks for the update.

UPDATE

Went to the Dr. last week before the chemo treatment. We got some good news and some bad news from the last cat scan. The good news is the markers continue to stay low, and the cancer on the diaphragm is almost gone, the cancer in the pelvic area is about 1/2 the size it was when we started. The bad news, after 5 Dr.s looked at the cat scan they all agreed, she is NOT a candidate for surgery, too risky. She was very disappointed with that news, she was so looking forward to having the surgery to remove that pelvic cancer.  She does have a spot on her back bone now that wasn't found before. She had a pet scan yesterday, whole body, we won't know about that till the next chemo treatment. Side affects starting to show up now. Starting to loose hair, and her skin is real rough, cracking even though she is using the cremes prescribed. She's getting weaker all the time now. I think she's thinking about taking a break from the treaments, she's going to ask the Dr. about that when we get the results from the pet scan.   

Thanks for all the prayers Charlie

she's thinking about taking a break from the treatments

Personally I would not do that unless the doctors are very positive about it, the reason being that research now shows timing is extremely important with chemotherapy.  Breaking that timing could reduce the efficacy of the drugs and, lousy as it is, you want to do everything possible to get better.  We all want to see her become a Survivor!

ArdraF

UPDATE

The 10th treatment today, the DR says next ones will only be 2 chemos instead of 4. Starting to have dangerous platelets, and she is not bouncing back so well now. Also having trouble with her eyes now, not a good thing because she has always had poor eyes. Hair is thinning badly and breaking off, what she does have.  She will leave her on this dose unless the markers start climbing. Still not a candidate for another surgery at this time. She is pretty much pain free at this time so that is great.

Thanks for all the prayers Charlie

Does your wife have a wig?  We bought mine before I started chemo and I never had to wear it for that.  We donated my mother-in-law's wigs to the American Cancer Society.  Maybe getting one and having it styled, along with a manicure and maybe a nice new dress (or whatever) might cheer her up.  I'm glad the pain is less.

ArdraF

UPDATE

Thank You all so much for helping me with prayers. The Lord has listened to us. The latest cat scan revealed the pelvic cancer has reduced from 4 cm to 1.1 cm, some of the other cancer spots can't  be found now. The cancer on her spine hasn't reduced, but it hasn't grown or spread. The DR. has contacted the DRs. at the Mayo clinic and they as a panel agreed with her treatment. No longer a candidate for surgery because of the spine cancer, but they don't want hit with radiation at this time. They have reduced the chemo from 4 different types to just 1. It is still a very aggressive chemo, but is required because of the aggressive type of cancer she has, and will be on this treatment the rest of her life. They won't put her back on the other chemos unless the cancer markers start to climb again. Next cat scan in 3 months.

We did get some bad news this week, her brother which has been battling cancer too is losing the fight, and only has a few days to a few weeks. The Dr told his wife to contact hospice, to get a place ready for him. 

Thanks again Charlie.

That's great news on Donna's health Charlie! We'll keep the prayers going, and adding her brother and the rest of the family.

I am new to the forum, but please know that you and your wife and family will all be in my prayers.  Take care  Hope D.

Also new, but sending prayers for healing and peace to you and your wife.

Wifes brother passed last night around 6:00 pm, at home. He was 60 years old, service is Sunday afternoon , my birthday.

Thanks for the prayers.

92GA said:
Wifes brother passed last night around 6:00 pm, at home. He was 60 years old, service is Sunday afternoon , my birthday.

Thanks for the prayers.

From all of us on the forum, you and especially your wife, you have our deepest sympathy. May he rest in peace. If it's any comfort, he is in a much better place now. Just remember all the good memories.

Back
Top Bottom