Prayers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry and hope you know many of us care that this has been such a difficult year.  May your memories be good and your hearts at peace.

ArdraF

UPDATE

Donna has been on a maintenance dose of chemo now for 6 weeks. The side affects of this chemo is minimal. She is feeling much better now, and her strength is improving weekly. She has been able to resume taking care of her flowers she is so proud of. They bring her great joy, even though they take a lot of work. We made a difficult decision to sell our coach, since NO surgery is anticipated to remove the cancer she has left. We can't travel since she will be on chemo the rest of her life. No sense in just letting it sit. A young family purchased it, and picked it up Monday evening. I'll probably hang around on the site to help others if I can.

Thanks to all of you that have prayed for us, we do believe those prayers were answered. Her hair has stopped falling out and she does have some new growth. It is coming in darker than it was before, and maybe she'll get to where she can color it again. That would make her happy. The next cat scan  will be in a few weeks. The last one showed the spine cancer has not progressed and the pelvic cancer has reduced to 1.1 cm down from 4 cm. 

Thanks again Charlie.

Charlie, thanks for the update and prayers continue for you and Donna.  I'm sure it was bittersweet to see the MH drive away, but it sounds like it will have a good home with that young family... maybe new to RVing?

Hopefully my wife wouldn't kill me for mentioning this ;) but you mentioned hair color so I want to suggest what she uses.  It's called Light Mountain Natural Hair Color and is a henna product.  Henna is plant based and widely used by women in Asian & Middle Eastern countries.  The reason I suggest it for your wife is because henna is completely natural with no chemicals or other stuff that could be harsh on her scalp or newly grown hair.  The Light Mountain website has a lot of good information, product descriptions, and application videos.  I buy my wife's supply on Amazon in 3-packs for ~$15 which I think is pretty cheap!

Charlie, We're glad to hear Donna is doing better. We will continue our prayers for both of you. Please post some pics of her flowers if you don't mind, my wife and I love seeing the results of God's work!

Charlie, I would agree wholeheartedly with the comments above.  Please stay in touch and involved with the forum.  People like you and Donna are what make it such a great site to be involved with.  I too love flowers so let's see some photos please.  Sending positive healing thoughts.  :)

Update

She is done with radiation. Found out today it didn't work and the bone is deteriorating. That's what is causing the pain now. Her cancer markers have increased since the radiation and have doubled again in the last two weeks. No treatment today because they are going back to a stronger chemo and have to have it approved by insurance before starting. They are wanting to inject some cement to where the bone has deteriorated to see if they can relieve some of her pain. Dr. said if we don't do something, she may not be able to walk in the near future. 

I'm very sorry to hear that news, and I hope that she is able to get some relief from the pain.  Quality of life day-to-day becomes very important at times like this.  Prayer inbound!

UPDATE

News not so good. Ever since the radiation she has been going down hill. She was in the hospital most of Dec. and the Dr there said we need to look into hospice. She continues to get chemo, but it isn't doing much if anything. She has lost over 70 lbs now and is skin and bones, getting very weak. She is still trying to work but only makes it about 3 days a week. She's such a bull head, but she knows if she don't push, she will lay here and die. She hasn't driven since Nov. but i take her and pick her up, when ever she calls. The pain is so great now that they have have her on morifine tablets and I give her some liquid morifine when she needs it, only a couple times a day. It's a terrible thing to see some one wither a way like this, but I'm going to take care of her till the end. She's not going to hospice, but I'll probably need some help in house. I'm having a temp wheel chair ramp installed in the garage so I can get her the Drs. I want to thank everyone for all the prayers, much appreciated.

You're a good man, Charlie.  Stay strong.  Remember to take care of yourself mentally and physically as well as caring for Donna. 

You probably know that hospice can come to your home - they have a world of practical experience helping folks deal with very difficult and unfamiliar circumstances.  They're very helpful.

Unfortunately I have been involved with hospice for 3 of our elderly over the last 5 months. FIL, mom and aunt. All passed comfortably while under hospice care. Each one of them declared that they were ready to "go home" and home they went. Hospice is a great organization to help when end of life is imminent.
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this.

We're thinking of you both and wishing you the strength to get through this very difficult time.

ArdraF

You and her are in our prayers.  Please don't hesitate to use home hospice because, as you stated, you will need help and they can take a lot of the load off of you. 

I had early stage breast cancer last year and i know how scary that was.  So i cannot imagine what you two are going through!  Prayers will go up for you all.  I hope they can treat her and get her back to healthy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom