Fuel in gas tank - how much & treat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1PlasticMan1

Am planning on storing my 2016 Bounder in a public warehouse during the months of December, January and February.  Has less than 5,000 miles on it.  The warehouse is heated, so it does not get below 40 degrees.  What do you recommend I should do regarding the amount of fuel in the tank, and is it necessary to put in a additive to stablize it during storage? As always, thanks for your advice. :)

1PlasticMan1 said:
Am planning on storing my 2016 Bounder in a public warehouse during the months of December, January and February.  Has less than 5,000 miles on it.  The warehouse is heated, so it does not get below 40 degrees.  What do you recommend I should do regarding the amount of fuel in the tank, and is it necessary to put in a additive to stablize it during storage? As always, thanks for your advice. :)

I would fill the tank up all the way to prevent condensation from forming inside. I would also add a fuel stabilizer although that may not be totally necessary but it wouldn't hurt.

And,,, for a gasoline engine, I would suggest that you add that fuel stabilizer like Stabil according to the directions on the bottle, run the engine to give it a chance to get into the lines etc, Do the same thing with the generator but it would not hurt to run the generator's carburetor dry before storage if possible. These carburetors and modern ethanol + gasoline fuels seem to gum up very easily while in storage.

Yep, do what they said. A couple of my cars sit for the entire 6-7 months that we snowbird. They each get Stabil and run 10 miles of so to get a good mixing and distributed thru the fuel system before storage. The Batteries get plugged into Battery Tenders, and the covers go on. Works well every year.

Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom