rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Map Source Ver  (Read 7858 times)

Karl

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • No Brett; no sweat. A QB's not the whole team.
Re: Map Source Ver
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 08:39:28 AM »
Nice letter, yes, but what they didn't say is that you'll have to spring $150 for the update. I downloaded V6 some time ago only to learn that it required more $$$ to use it and, according to some Forum members, wasn't worth it. I'll wait for V7 and hope I don't have to first activate V6 to get it to work.

They don't have quite the conversion work to be done, nor the time spent publishing CD's.  We receive
an updated data set once per year from NavTeq; from which we publish an updated version of the City Navigator CD.

Also, I don't buy into the above quote. What conversion do they have to do that Google doesn't, and how difficult is it to burn a CD? Heck, the whole thing is already on the website for downloading and installing ???  (I'm not talking about V7; just V6)
Karl (Cheesehead) Kolbus   Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow ...what a ride!"

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
Re: Map Source Ver
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 08:52:17 AM »
I find my outdated Metroguide ver 4.01 more accurate than the latest Ver 6 City Nav in many cases.  I sure wish Garmin would make the lnewest versions of Metroguide routable.  But if they did that they would probably loose City Nav sales. ;D
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE