windows 10 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Howard Kelly

Looking to buy a new computer and wonder how much  ram is need to run windows 10. Was told by a salesman that windows 10 needs 8 mb of ram to run properly and fast.
Is that true ?
Thanks Howard

Of course it is not true. If you hear it from a salesman it is usually wrong. I have a 4 year old laptop with 4 gigs of ram and it runs just fine.

Howard

I also have a three year old low end Toshiba that runs great on Win 10 with 4gb of Ram.

Any computer that runs Windows 7 will run Windows 10.  If you get the 32 bit version of Windows 10, it won't use more than 4GB of RAM anyway.  I'm running it on an Intel Compute Stick with 2GB of RAM.

Ned

Do you by any chance know how the program disk space requirements compare with 8.1?

Jeff said:
Do you by any chance know how the program disk space requirements compare with 8.1?

That's really hard to say.  I suspect there's not much difference, but it depends on what features are installed and what drivers.  2 examples are on the Compute Stick (32-bit) the Windows folder is about 8GB, and on my desktop (64-bit) it's 24GB.  But I have a lot more software on the desktop.

Foxysdad said:
Looking to buy a new computer and wonder how much  ram is need to run windows 10. Was told by a salesman that windows 10 needs 8 mb of ram to run properly and fast.
Is that true ?
Thanks Howard

Probably not what he meant, but  he said 8 mb, not gb?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom