PC question: No response when clicking to read comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill N

I have had this problem twice.  When I am reading a story on a site that requires you to click on the comments link to bring up comments, nothing happens.  Sites like USA Today, MLB are examples where this happens.  Same story on our laptops.  This happened for about a month a few months ago and then one day all returned to normal.  Any ideas on what is causing this or what I need to check.  No changes to our computers lately.

What browser are you using? If Firefox, are you running NoScript? If so, then if javascript is turned off for the site, many sites won't respond to a click.

Otherwise...

Larry N. said:
What browser are you using? If Firefox, are you running NoScript? If so, then if javascript is turned off for the site, many sites won't respond to a click.

Otherwise...
Thanks Larry, I will check that out.  If I putzy around enough I should be able to find that out.

Larry N. said:

Otherwise...
  I did manage to solve the problem Larry.  i do use Firefox so I went looking around in Tools and then clicked on Options and then Privacy and read up on the two boxes regarding Tracking.  I found that when they are checked a small shield is placed next to their address in the address bar and that prevents them from tracking you but you also are not allowed to click on their comments section.  If you can either click on the shield for a one time exclusion or you can just unclick the two Tracking option boxes and the shield will disappear.  Now you can click away on comments and they come right up.  Hope this is understandable.  Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom