Taking the step, leap....plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The plunge

Hi all,
Our "plan" started a couple years ago to by an RV, sell the house and hit the road. We've been purging stuff and getting the house ready to sell, bought a tow vehicle and trailer and now working through a to-do list of other details. The plan: hit the road travelling through areas we think we may want to settle, we are both outdoor oriented people, our living room will be under our awning most of the time so if/when our smallish trailer is feeling too cramped then we plant some temporary roots somewhere renting.
Mentally, I find as these last steps approach, feeling somewhat unsteady at the altar comes to mind. There is still about 6 months to go.
How was it for you all as the clock ticked down?

Howdy!

My scenario was much different and it was a rush at the end.  I certainly had moments of "unsteadiness" but, for the most part, it couldn't happen quickly enough.  I don't think you are feeling anything unusual - it seems that all big life changes come with some amount of "reflection."  The thing I found a bit interesting is how the value of things that I needed to get rid of decreased the closer it got to 'the day'.

Hello All,
It's been awhile since we started this plan, had to deal with a close family death, the liquidation of two estates and wind down our jobs. We've been on the road for 6 weeks now after having sold our house and rid ourselves of most everything we owned. So far no surprises. Keeping with our plan of doing short term stick and brick rental option if need be. Got myself set up with a Verizon Jetpack to do (more) secure internet stuff when need be, working out great. The trailer has been working out great in the heat of the summer, not ideal but a worthy test. The truck (thus far) has been great, stable and plenty of power when I need it pulling grades. On our way up the the Olympic peninsula.
Happy traveling,
Gary

Welcome back Gary.  Glad things are going as planned.  Join in any conversations and help out when you can.

Robin

Back
Top Bottom