Condolences and Solidarity for Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebelsun

Such a tragedy.
It brings back such bad memories of 9/11/01 and the Terrorist attacks on the United States.

Let's not ever get complacent, and allow our politicians to disarm us, and make us targets for crime and terror, or to make it easy for foreign enemies to attack us on our own soil, while we remain helpless, and defenseless.

Just a little bit of French history........
During the Normandy Invasion in WWII, there was a call to arms, for French citizens to respond and protect the country.  Only problem was, the French Government had already outlawed guns, and confiscated them from the citizens of France.
The United States responded with guns for the French Citizenry, so they could protect their country.
After the war, the French Government once again confiscated the guns from the French citizens, which leaves them once again defenseless, but this time, not against the ****'s, but the Terrorists!

One of the terrorists has been identified, he entered, in october, pretending he was a Syrien refugee, through Greece the European Union, and went right to France ....

128 dead, 100 severe injured, many meduim to light injured.
3 of my fellow citizens (NL) and several Belgiums also were hit ....

Where ends the madness, and wenn stops the to soft approche ?

France immediately closed their borders when this happened. I wish we could close ours.  :mad: :'(  Our time is coming again and I bet it won't be too far away.

Rene T said:
France immediately closed their borders when this happened. I wish we could close ours.  :mad: :'(  Our time is coming again and I bet it won't be too far away.
Yes, Rene, I fear you are correct.
They can't prove it was ISIS who took down the Russian Jet, although they took credit for the bombing, but this is their handiwork.

Like you said, it's only a matter of time, before the wrath of the extremists targets us once again.  The question is.......How, When and Where????

I found out that evening that one of my coworkers was actually IN PARIS with his family on the night of the attacks.  We are Midwesterners and many of us at work didn't even realize he was over there.  Luckily they were nowhere near any of the attack areas, but still.  Once they were able, they were on the first flight back to the U.S. and arrived home the next day.

I do hope we / our U.S. government remains wise about screening procedures and who they are letting into the country.  I fear that it is only a matter of time until a suicide bomber attack occurs in a populated area of an American city somewhere.

Phew on your friends/colleagues.

Don't hold your breath on the other stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom