About to be Published

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wigpro

I was recently contacted by a publisher after my Gallery showing earlier this year. The publisher requested I create a coffee table type book of some of my photography from my travels.

The book will be hard cover and sold on Amazon at a future date. In the meantime I have finished the book and created a flash based flip book for my website of the finished book.

You can view the flipbook HERE!

It is created in HTML5 and Flash so may or may not be available on an IPhone or other Apple product.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• Cover-Very-LoLoLo.jpg
    Cover-Very-LoLoLo.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 70
SeilerBird said:
Very impressive Jim, congratulations. My two favorite shots are the Brown Bear and the Hummer.

There is a story behind the brown bear - I was in Haines Alaska and walked down to the waters edge in high nice spring grass to shoot a shot from the shoreline...something caught my eye to the right as I was bringing my camera up to my eye - I looked over and the bear had popped up about 10 feet from me - she was surprised and so was I but I grabbed the shot.

I was worried she had cubs so backed out slowly the way I came - skipped the waterfront shot - she slowly followed me all the way back to my truck...made me nervous for sure...

But I love the shot as well.

Jim

Wigpro said:
There is a story behind the brown bear - I was in Haines Alaska and walked down to the waters edge in high nice spring grass to shoot a shot from the shoreline...something caught my eye to the right as I was bringing my camera up to my eye - I looked over and the bear had popped up about 10 feet from me - she was surprised and so was I but I grabbed the shot.

I was worried she had cubs so backed out slowly the way I came - skipped the waterfront shot - she slowly followed me all the way back to my truck...made me nervous for sure...

But I love the shot as well.

Jim
Cool story. Every great shot usually has a story.

You have some stunning photos.  Too many to choose a favorite!

ArdraF

What a beautiful collection!  The one that really grabbed me was The Great Egret.

Hello from Canton, Ohio which is minutes from where you went to high school.  Wow what pictures!  As I looked at each one and came upon the last photo, I was actually disappointed it was over.  I can understand why the publisher contacted you.

Very cool. Congratulations. The Egret with wings spread is definitely a fave.

Gregg said:
Hello from Canton, Ohio which is minutes from where you went to high school.  Wow what pictures!  As I looked at each one and came upon the last photo, I was actually disappointed it was over.  I can understand why the publisher contacted you.

I searched through 7 years of photos - 4 GB - and feel as you do - not sure I don't want to add another 10 or 20 pages...but I remember something one of my photography instructors said - NEVER display a photo you must make an excuse for....

But before the final submission - I think I will spend this morning reviewing and just might add a few more pages if I can find a few more shots that I don't have to make an excuse for...

Thanks everyone,  I am excited at the opportunity.

BTW - My parents ended up in Canal Fulton - they are gone now, but my sister lives in Uniontown...just up the road from Canton.

Jim

Hammster said:
Very cool. Congratulations. The Egret with wings spread is definitely a fave.

The Egret shot is also one of my most loved and sold - I have sold many of these prints. Of course as Seilerbird says there is a story behind every great photo - I was watching this bird for quite some time, waiting for it to fly, got impatient and picked up a small stick, camera at the ready I dropped the stick in the water near the bird, she lifted up and flew directly across the small canal and I was lucky enough to catch the landing, missed the take-off and flight, but nailed the landing...

Thanks,

Jim

Nice book, gorgeous pix! The Egret is great, but there are so many other compelling shots, too. I'm hard pressed to decide A favorite, since there are at least a dozen in contention for that spot, several of them landscape, even at least one "colors" shot.

Since you're publishing, you might want to note a couple of typos on p.10 -- Gibralter and Luaderdale. P28, to=too. Whe=when p.54. I didn't hunt these, they just hit me in the face.

Nice book!

Larry N. said:
Nice book, gorgeous pix! The Egret is great, but there are so many other compelling shots, too. I'm hard pressed to decide A favorite, since there are at least a dozen in contention for that spot, several of them landscape, even at least one "colors" shot.

Since you're publishing, you might want to note a couple of typos on p.10 -- Gibralter and Luaderdale. P28, to=too. Whe=when p.54. I didn't hunt these, they just hit me in the face.

Nice book!

Thanks so much - I found the errors you pointed out and made the corrections and reloaded the book to my publisher and I also at the recommendation of another friend on some missing photos added 10 more pages...LOL - never ending.

Thanks again...

Jim

Congratulations. The adore the egret photo. I may have to buy myself a Christmas present print of that one. :D

What a beautiful collection!  Jim. You have some great shots!!! Keep up the great work.
Kimmy

Please take commercial offerings to email or PM. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom