Winnebago 2100 FBS front skin faded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BCruz

In February 2014 we purchased a new 2100 FBS 18 foot travel trailer from La Mesa RV in San Diego, CA. We used it approximately 5 times over the course of 2014 and into 2015. The front outer skin finish was slowly deteriorating. November 2015 we inquired at La Mesa RV about some help fixing our problem. They informed us that Winnebago was familiar with this issue. La Mesa RV provided me with a phone number to Winnebago Warranty Review. I emailed pictures of our rapidly deteriorating front panel finish. After approximately two weeks, I received an email from Warranty Review, that the vendor for the skins basically said they do not warranty fading. That the front panel is of a different fiberglass composition than the other three panels, therefore, they are refusing to make good on a certain defect. This is a ONE YEAR OLD trailer. It looks about 15+ years old.

Our neighbor bought a Lance a year earlier, and his trailer wall outer skins all around are in excellent condition. He liked our floor plan, but after seeing our front skin, has moved on from Winnebago as a next purchase in the near future. Anyway at this time, I'm very disappointed in Winnebago, it's product, and after purchase customer service. I'm waiting for a return email, with a more detailed letter describing the difference in the fiberglass composition, and a phone number to Winnebago Corporate Headquarters. So we'll see what happens. If there's a positive outcome to this matter, I will definitely post the end result. Is there any other owners experiencing this problem, if so what was your outcome to this. Please help :)

Back
Top Bottom