EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Telephone jack location  (Read 929 times)

shirley800

Telephone jack location
« on: November 21, 2015, 04:21:24 PM »
We have a 2008 Fleetwood Expedition and have just recently started living in it full time. Our manual says we have a telephone jack but we can't seem to find it. Any help appreciated. :o

Tom Hoffman

• ---
Re: Telephone jack location
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 04:40:44 PM »
Why??? 

Most long term or short term CG's don't have phone connections.  Cell Phones handle calls and INTERNET and if you want,  a WIFI Hot Spot handles INTERNET very well under most conditions.  Camp Ground WIFI is poor at BEST.  Most full timer use Dish or Direct TV dishes for TV.

So I guess my question remains.

WHY?
Wife said to me. "What cha doin' today?"  "Nothin'" says I.  "Ya did that yestiday!" Says she.  "I didn't get done!" says I

2003 F-350 Super Duty Lariat Dually 7.3 Diesel
2008 34' Sunny Brook, Brookside

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 05:59:36 PM »
Often those telephone connections plugs are in the bedroom or near a couch or easy chair. Probably they're part of a wall plate, much like the household plug-ins. In our Beaver there's one next to the bed and one on the side of the kitchen counter, next to a couch.

But Tom is right, phone connections at RV parks are rare; unless you happen to know of one or more that actually provide that service then it's probably useless. Still, it might be nice to know.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

bucks2

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »
In my coach there's one by the bed, one by the recliner and one by the drivers knee. The "in" plug is in the wet bay. I haven't stayed at an RV park that provided phone service to each site thru their switchboard since last week. They are out there. For your particular coach you'd just have to look at likely spots, places where a phone would be handy.

The other guys are right though, hardly anyone ever uses them, I never have. If I was staying long term maybe it'd be something I'd do as a lark.

Ken

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 08:21:45 PM »
My phone jack to connect to the phone company is located in the bay that has my power cord and cable TV connection.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 80,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

Hosted by Over The Network