Telephone jack location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shirley800

We have a 2008 Fleetwood Expedition and have just recently started living in it full time. Our manual says we have a telephone jack but we can't seem to find it. Any help appreciated. :eek:

Why??? 

Most long term or short term CG's don't have phone connections.  Cell Phones handle calls and INTERNET and if you want,  a WIFI Hot Spot handles INTERNET very well under most conditions.  Camp Ground WIFI is poor at BEST.  Most full timer use Dish or Direct TV dishes for TV.

So I guess my question remains.

WHY?

Often those telephone connections plugs are in the bedroom or near a couch or easy chair. Probably they're part of a wall plate, much like the household plug-ins. In our Beaver there's one next to the bed and one on the side of the kitchen counter, next to a couch.

But Tom is right, phone connections at RV parks are rare; unless you happen to know of one or more that actually provide that service then it's probably useless. Still, it might be nice to know.

In my coach there's one by the bed, one by the recliner and one by the drivers knee. The "in" plug is in the wet bay. I haven't stayed at an RV park that provided phone service to each site thru their switchboard since last week. They are out there. For your particular coach you'd just have to look at likely spots, places where a phone would be handy.

The other guys are right though, hardly anyone ever uses them, I never have. If I was staying long term maybe it'd be something I'd do as a lark.

Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom