WIFI Booster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089E2FZC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

This is the one I used. But I have to tell you before all the experts chime in that it doesn't increase your speed, it only give you a few more bars. ::)

If you have a usable signal, i.e. your computer can access the internet, more bars won't help. Most campground wifi has pretty miserable performance - too many users and typically a small pipe to the internet that they all share.

But if you cannot get online at all, despite having that single bar, a booster might make the difference.

I carry a SuperUSB Wifi by Crane for use where I cannot get park wifi at my site, but that's about 2x your budget.

I don't know why people keep claiming campgrounds have miserable performance wifi. I was getting 25 megs here before I signed up for Comcast.

SeilerBird said:
I don't know why people keep claiming campgrounds have miserable performance wifi. I was getting 25 megs here before I signed up for Comcast.
Yes but you were the only one in the campground. ;D
Bill

Kevin Means said:
Zing! He gotcha there Tom! ;D
Not really, the campground is full in the winter and I still get 25 megs. The problem is that every time there was an electrical storm and a big bolt of lightning nearby the park Wifi would die and it would take them two or three days to get someone out to reset the Wifi. So I ended up getting a Comcast account on my own.

I spent last summer in a campground with excellent wifi as well, but they are few and far between.  Parks in or very near a metro area tend to be pretty decent, probably because they have easy access to good cable or DSL internet services. Those outside of town don't have that luxury. And often parks don't spend the $$ to provide good coverage throughout the park - they just mount an antenna on the office roof and hope it reaches most sites.

I purchased on of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/46dBm-Outdoor-Flat-Panel-WIFI-N-150Mbps-WLAN-Super-Range-Booster-Wireless-USB-/300766857337?hash=item46071a0879:g:Ui8AAOSwKIpWDkm5. It will work with a 25 ft USB cable.

It increased the "next door no bars to 1 bar signal" up to about 4 bars.  I placed it on a 1x3 wood piece and  shoved it above the MH. I saw strong signals from 4 or 5 houses away. I didn't have a password so I don't know how they would work. I have the password for my next door neighbor.

The increased gain of the antenna really made a difference. My SuperUSB Wifi by Crane performs about the same as the computer system by it's self and cost about 2 times the cost of this unit.

This is my experience and might not work for you!!

judway ,

That looks like that might do the trick for me . Where I am I get 1 bar off and on and some times connects . If I take the laptop in my car and drive a hundred feet  towards the signal I get 2 to 3 bars and the speed is actually good enough to watch a U-Tube video .    .

Thank's . Bill

I have ben in some good and some that didn't know what wifi was. I have a hot spot for those places. There is one thing to be carful of when traveling near the border. I was reminded of this this summer when in Eastport Main. You need to be carful your phone doesn't pick up a cell tower across the border.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom