Custom Mini toy hauler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taycodog

This is an update on a trailer I purchased recently as a bit of a project for $200.00 I have since ripped it apart salvaged what I could and am building a small toy hauler for my motorcycle, I hope to keep the cost to about $4000.00 that will be with a hopefully high end finished custom interior, and a brushed aluminium skin,  I will keep you posted on my progress. Hopefully it goes as planned.https://www.flickr.com/gp/136285138@N07/1bukPd

Link worked fine for me, interesting project and I'm looking forward to watching your progress. Pat.

Thanks Pat, it's been slow going to this stage lots of structural issues to consider and some mechanical, tons of research, but at this point.. Things are moving along quickly, but still lots of questions, I'm looking at adding a skylight which was a regular sealed window about 24"X 60" I got from another trailer, any thoughts about using this window flat on the roof as a skylight, I'm making the roof from 2x4's full thickness in the middle for about 30 inches and then both sides taper down for drainage to about 2 " I also intend to factor in angled bracing in the roof to reduce shifting to compensate for the huge gap. Any ideas about weather thats risky or ideas on how it could work? I'd love to add it . Thanks

I would be very hesitant to put anything on the roof that could hold water, this is assuming that the window you refer to would do so. A regular domed skylight designed for use on a rv would be a much more appropriate consideration. Pat.

Back
Top Bottom