06 Sightseer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

I am looking at a 2006 31' Sightseer with Chevy Workhorse. We are considering trading our 05 Minnie for this. My wife likes the extra room in a Class A, a full queen bed and I like all the outside storage.  However I have always been a Ford man. Anyone have anything to comment on this particular rig ?
We were disappointed with the Minnie's ability to handle hotter temps [ 100 ] and I have to wonder if the Sightseer would do any better. The salesman [ of couse ] says class A's do better, but I don't see how. Also the Sightseer ony has one Fantastic fan in the galley area, where the Minnie has one in the front and one in the bedroom.
Any opinion on how well the Sightseer will handle on the road compared to the class c ?

Thanks everyone,

Jack.

Over the years I've run into quite a few people that had overheating problems with Minnies of all brands.  Maybe it's the big box on the smaller 300 chassis that's causing it.  Never owned one so I really don't know, just what I've seen and heard.  I too am a Ford all the way. Everyone has to make up their own mind as to wheather you'd gamble on a GM.

Hi Jack,

I don't know if this will help or not but I had a 2004 Sightseer 35 on a Workhorse chassis and never had any concerns with overheating. I only used it in the summer months for one season. The a/c did a good job of keeping everything cool. I traded it because I couldn't handle way the front end felt over bumps. Make sure you test drive it on a very rough road to see what you think. I am sure that Workhorse has probably made improvements since my unit was built.
Keith

Thanks for your input.  We are still looking. Right now I am leaning more toward a used Class A rather than new. This gives us a lot more options $$ wise !  This Sightseer seemed to be a good buy as a new 06 model, but I think we can do better.

Jack.

Back
Top Bottom