Carpet repair 2000 Bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whozleft

We pick up our Bounder tomorrow. The only area that looks bad is at the base of the drivers side engine cover. The carpet is wore out and torn from the previous owner getting in and out of the seat. Has anyone attempted to repair anything like this? If so what are your suggestions? Since this is a 2000 model I was wondering if maybe a replacement is still available from Fleetwood.

I would greatly appreciate any and all thoughts about the best way to proceed in order to make this area a little more presentable. Other than this one spot everything else is in tip top shape.

Thanks

You don't need a replacement from Fleetwood - just buy any grade of carpet you like and install. Probably time to replace all of it by now anyway - RV carpet tends to collect sand down in the pile and also gets musty from constant humidity (unless is a desert environment). The better (read more expensive) grades of carpet hold up better.

Or ditch the carpet and install some other type of flooring, if that suits you better.

Thanks for the ideas. I assume the carpet is just glued down in these from the factory? Yes, we have talked about changing out the flooring so this may just be the time to start the project.

whozleft said:
We pick up our Bounder tomorrow. The only area that looks bad is at the base of the drivers side engine cover. The carpet is wore out and torn from the previous owner getting in and out of the seat. Has anyone attempted to repair anything like this? ......

Thanks
The engine cover is called a Doghouse.  At least on my unit, it was glued to maintain the rather odd shape and it was fiberglass.  When I replaced mine, I just went out and purchased a remnant from a carpet store.  Replacing the rest of the flooring with a laminate with a cork backing to help with sound and a little insulation.

Right in front of the driver's seat the floor is a heavy metal plate and gets pretty warm since the exhaust is right there, may opt to put some sort of thermal barrier there before putting down the floor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom