Selecting a Domicile -- It's All about Counties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's how we'd normally handle it, but most folks are very protective of their writings, i.e. they say NO.

Didn't spend a lot of time on the site and wasn't able to make much sense of their rating system.  It almost looks like they rate more based on lifestyle considerations than health conditions.  I would expect those counties with a high percent of seniors to have higher rates.  Not sure how to determine that.  I would also expect factors like obesity, smoking and drinking, exercise and some others to have an impact.  California compares favorably in most categories but still has higher premiums than most.  California also has fewer seniors in the counties I checked.  For the most part, it looks like Californians have healthier lifestyles.  So based on my quick look it would appear that cost of doing business might be one of the overriding factor. 

Establish your new domicile address at least a month before you anticipate applying for your driver?s license or ID card. Do your research as to which is best for you ? rates for insurance (vehicle & health) can vary widely at different zip codes. Vehicle insurance rates are very reasonable in Okaloosa County.

Back
Top Bottom