Oh bleep!! that just happened!!! Part two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tina1975

So, after literally "breaking in" the fifth wheel last weekend, we brought her to Davis Lakes RV park in Suffolk, Va. We have separate  insurance for her battle scars from the yellow pole that attacked her, no biggie. Mark is really handling her well. We get on the hitch first try. Our truck barely goes down when we put the weight on it. We are within all weights because we weighed at a CAT scale, so that is correct. Mark is very methodical about getting things ready to roll. He can park this hoss like a champ. Our FW seems to be well built despite...

Our hot water heater is busted. There was a tiny drip and we thought it was from where Mark had got the water area wet putting the pressure valve on. I took a shower. We went back to check and it was busted around the where the hot water hose attaches to the heater. He shut off the water and electricity. Had things been like they were supposed to be, it would have been a matter of securing the coupler back. Some MENSA candidate used cheap plastic valves and it broke as soon as Mark touched it. It is literally melted on the threads, inside the heater valve.

Mark called the Dealership and talked to the Manager. He was very apologetic and immediately got us an appointment. We went over everything before we left when we bought it. I think the coupling was holding while it was sitting there. It broke somewhere while we were towing this trip. We came about 30 miles from our storage place to the Park. I would like to think we weren't dumb enough to drive off the lot with a leak. I was ready to put my foot in someone's colon yesterday.  :eek:.  ;D First world problems...

We decided extend our stay in the RV park despite not having water to the rig. It's good practice for us in case this happens again. Also, we can kind of see what our routine is going to feel like on the days he works. We are about the same distance from his hospital now as we will be in Colorado. I am ready to just ditch the rent house and start living in our FW. Unfortunately, we have this month still under lease.

Despite two weekends of hiccups, I am still optimistic we made the correct decision to make an investment in something for ourselves instead of throwing away money on rent, as we travel. We are keeping our home in Arkansas for investment purposes. We still live there between assignments. We have a house sitter so someone is taking care of the our property and my plants. It's actually kind of Jerky to complain about first world problems.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. In a emergency, you could have bypassed the water heater if you have a bypass kit installed. Most RV's do. You would have still had water for the faucets and the toilet.

Not sure exactly what broke to cause a leak. Was it just a plastic fitting or was it actually the tank? You'll need to explain a little better for me anyway.

Rene T said:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. In a emergency, you could have bypassed the water heater if you have a bypass kit installed. Most RV's do. You would have still had water for the faucets and the toilet.

Not sure exactly what broke to cause a leak. Was it just a plastic fitting or was it actually the tank? You'll need to explain a little better for me anyway.

It is the quick connect coupler for the connection between the hot water hose and the water heater valve. It is a black plastic piece with a spring in it. We tried to bypass the heater. We were filling the water tank and water started leaking out the open hole where the connection is now broken off. We can't replace the coupler because when it broke some of stayed in the valve. Its like it melted. I don't know how else to explain it. We have had it for three weeks and are still learning. This is the second time we have had it out. That's all I know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom