2002 Winnie 35U Adventurer Compartment strut info needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

penman39

Where is a good place to buy compartment door gas struts? The one I took off is a SPD-G3-5150-90WINN. Is the 90 the Lb. rating? It is 15" long when extended.

Here's what I bought last year for my 2002 Itasca Suncruiser 35U: 

http://www.amazon.com/StrongArm-6322-Acura-Hood-Support/dp/B001KP6LQQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1449181260&sr=1-2&keywords=6322

Works fine.  Somewhere on the internet I found a chart that shows the dimensions and force of the various strongarm struts but I can't find it now.  I believe would work on yours.  I had to replace several, and as I recall, I bought one from Advance Auto Parts as a test, and then the rest from Amazon, since Amazon's price was lower.

JWL

I replaced all the struts on my 2002 Adventurer 35U.  Bought all of them from Lichtsinn in Forest City as they had all the numbers and info on replacements. You can also get them at local auto parts dealers if you give them the numbers that will indicate length and weight design.  Sure was a major difference when the new ones got put on.  Very easy to replace once you get the hang of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom