Cheap gas in Needles, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We know that Needles, CA has a reputation for having outragous gas prices (around $5/gallon last time I was there). Last night we pulled off the freeway to stay the night in Needles, and there was a sign saying "regular gas $2.29/gallon". I didn't check it out, but prices like this are unheard of in Needles.

The Pilot at the Lake Havasu exit in Arizona has had a billboard in Needles showing their gas price for several years.  Every time I go through there I'm amazed it's still standing.  Is that what you saw?

Most of the locals go north across the AZ 95 bridge in downtown Needles to the Mobil or Arco on the Arizona side. Those two stations in the middle of nowhere do surprisingly brisk business.

Gasbuddy is reporting $1.93 per gallon at a couple of stations in Havasu Landing about 5 miles north of Needles versus $3.69 - $3.79 in town.  Several stations in Bullhead City are at $1.80 per gallon versus $2.70 per gallon across the river in Laughlin, NV.

When I went to MI. last week to pick up my daybreak, I bought gas for $1.62 at a Shell station. I did fill the coach and the pickup that we drove up there. Most places I noticed were around $1.74 to $1.77.

Lou, this was a no-name sign at an off-ramp from I-40 eastbound to downtown Needles.

Last night, CBS did a news story on our gas prices in San Diego, which of course, are the highest in the nation - averaging about $2.70 a gallon. They yakked about this blend and that blend, this tax and that tax, yadda yadda... in the end, they basically admitted that, since we don't have a choice, they're gonna stick it to us. The people who live on the east side of the state (of which there are relatively few), DO have a choice, which is why their fuel is somewhat cheaper. I'm done typing. My blood pressure cuff just exploded. :mad:

Kev

utahclaimjumper said:
  Oh but Kevin, you so richly deserve it after reinstalling Moonbeam Brown .....AGAIN! >>>D
It's like trying to throw out an old trash can. The trash truck driver won't take it away, and he thinks you're nuts, because you never put trash in your trash can!!! :eek:

Kev

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom