Pre delivery check lists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky said:
Already have that one Tom.

I know Smoky; I merely asked Jerry in this message earlier in this thread to send me the one he'd privately sent you, and I added it to the others we have on our web site. So I know you already have it  ;D

rhmahoney said:
Tom J

The key word is antimicrosoft...I own NO M$ software!

LOL Russ, I got that message loud and clear last evening (before you fell asleep).

If anyone is interested, my own checklist is now ready.  Tom took a look at it and he is uncomfortable posting it, as it not only contains a lot of original stuff from me, it also blends in the best of the best from 20 other checklists I have reviewed.  I certainly respect Tom's zeal in keeping this forum original.  But I also must say that I did not find a single checklist out there that was original other than Jerry's which is available here on this forum.  In every other checklist they all exactly quote each other so it is impossible to tell who the original authors were/are ;D

If anyone is interested in my amalgamation, set up as an excel checkoff list, contact me privately and I will email it to you.  I will be using it in just two more weeks.  I have no pride of authorship.  I was ruthless in eihter using my own ideas or the good ideas of others.

Smoky

Smoky said:
Tom took a look at it and he is uncomfortable posting it

Smoky, where did that come from? After you clarified the issue of two apparently different authors, I suggested you go ahead and upload it. Here's a direct quote from my email to you today:

..... I have now made it possible for you to attach an .xls file to a forum message. So, if you wish to start a thread requesting additions, you could merely attach the file.

As for my "zeal", it was explained very clearly in my emails that other people's original work should be given due attribution. That's both  good practice and common courtesy.

LOL Tom, I have no idea where it came from! 

I am on the road and forgot both my lan card (which would have given me broadband this evening) and my dongle for my cell phone, so am limping along at a snail's pace.  I put up that last message before I saw your latest email.  You can imagine how disorganized I am.  I don't even have a phone cord, so my laptop is plugged into the 18 inch cord from the motel phone and I am scrunched over trying to type this.  :eek:

I ADMIRE your zeal.  I think this is the BEST of all the RV forums.  If my comment sounded bad it was not intended that way.  Just limping along doing the best I can to support you.

On the road is a bad place to try to address the issues you presented to me in the emails.  I will work on it, Tom, when I get home, if I have time before my flight to Montana.  This has been a whirlwind week, but an exciting one.

Smoky said:
I am on the road and forgot both my lan card ... and my dongle for my cell phone

Never leave home without your dongle Smoky. Understand the confusion with all that's going on with you right now. I just wanted to set the record straight  :)

Lots of folks here appreciate all your contributions, including the many discussions/debates you've catalyzed. Don't take anything I say as meaning anything less. It gets pretty quiet around here when you're not around  ;D

Smoky,

OK I guess we can forgive you for forgeting your DONGLE,  after all this is an exciting time and it is human to forget when more important things are going on. ;D ;D

Talk of a lost dongle reminds me of the advertisement that appeared in computer magazines a while back:

Showed a Greek / Roman ??? statue of a male with its dongle  ::) broken off.

It was an ad for a PCMCIA card that didn't have a dongle in contrast to those that did.

Ciao,

Doug

Hey Russ:

rhmahoney said:
The key word is antimicrosoft...I own NO M$ software!

And the key word for me has always been "antiApple. . . I own NO APPLE Computers, IPod's, or Software". :) But that is a whole other thread . . .  :)

Now you guys have me trying to explain to The Admiral what dongles have to do with . . .

Well, Smoky, I would think that the Admiral deserves some excitement ;).

Ciao,

Doug

rhmahoney said:
Then please convert it to plain text for us rabidly anti M$ folks. ;-)
Russ, OpenOffice.org is about a week or so from launching their 2.0 version. The release in beta at present is 1.9.100 (stable release is still 1.14) and it is just about a great suite of programs. Now they even include tools for running a database aka MS Access but this time using a real database format ;)

The price is right, the tools are great and in almost every case you won't miss what you don't have.

I have copies of MS Office (95,  97, 2000 and XP for teaching others)  if I really need to use it - mostly for Publisher which I hate !!. Running only OpenOffice.org I still do a lot of MS Office stuff with files that come my way. Nobody that gets them back has said anything about any translation problems.

There are a number of other non-MS Office applications around, OpenOffice.org suits me fine.

Oh, did I tell you that it is a free download?  http://www.openoffice.org
There you'll find all sorts of versions and in all sorts of languages too.

Cheers,  Ian

Ilox:
I looked at the open office site and found this:
"OpenOffice.org 1.1.2 for MacOS X (in English) and several localized versions. While stable enough for usage and offering the majority of the functionality to OpenOffice.org on other platforms, this is not a traditional MacOS X user-friendly application. The X11 release is about functionality, not looks. This build is meant for the Darwin community and Unix-savvy MacOS X user community and forming a platform for us to build the Quartz and Aqua tracks for the traditional Mac user. "

As I am allergic to the command line, I will pass ;-)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom