FMCA Summer 2016 Convention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
FMCA will finally announce that the Summer 2016 Convention will be held in West Springfield MA on August 3,4,5,&6.
Press release tomorrow and then it should be on FMCA.com

Wow!!  That's a long distance from little old West Point, Utah Ken. :eek:

Don't think we're gonna make that one.

Mike.

Guess we'll enjoy Indio and skip the national rally next year. Maybe we'll go to Redmond in August and pretend to be at a rally :)

We were headed east this summer anyway. Could be a fun stop. While they haven't confirm that the venue will be the Big E(Eastern States Exposition) event center that's what it was originally proposed. I don't see how they'll be able to handle much more than 2,000 coaches at the Big E. Maybe they have arranged more parking off site.

Quite a change from the 2 year schedules they used to have. I guess that when they needed room at the big facilities.

If my math is correct, that is right behind the 56th Escapades in Essex Junction, VT, July 24 ? 29, 2016   

Is something bad going to happen where we should all be huddled in New England in mid summer???  :eek:

Kim

p.s. and yes, we are confirmed for the Escapades....we need new microfibre towels....

Kim,

Essex is a nice facility for smaller rallies (I think they have room for about 1000 coaches). FMCA had one of their very early conventions there and for the past 20 some years the FMCA Northeast Area Rally has been staged there many years. We were volunteers back in 1995 or 96 when our chapter, Green Mountain, was the sponsor of the NE Area rally at Essex. Yips that's 20 years ago! Time really does seem to fly by.

Essex Junction was talking about putting in dump stations this year, but I don't know if that happened.

zmotorsports said:
Wow!!  That's a long distance from little old West Point, Utah Ken. :eek:

Don't think we're gonna make that one.

Mike.

Funny how small of a world it is. I grew up in Syracuse.

zmotorsports said:
Awesome.  Do you full-time or where do you call home now?

Mike.

We live in Roy by the Winegars. Won't be full timing for a long time.  We just got our first trailer this fall and look forward to a lot of camping this coming year. We'll have to try to make it to a rally.

Firelime said:
We live in Roy by the Winegars. Won't be full timing for a long time.  We just got our first trailer this fall and look forward to a lot of camping this coming year. We'll have to try to make it to a rally.

You're just north of me by a few miles and my in-laws live just east of the Winegars about a half mile.  Small world.

Congrats on your first trailer.  I hope you enjoy RVing in it.

As for rallies, there is a great one planned for Big Bend, TX in April.  We went to the one in Palo Duro Canyon, TX last May and it was great.  I highly recommend attending one of the forum rallies, absolutely great people.

Here is a link to the Big Bend rally for April if you are interested.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,87612.0.html

Mike.

Mike, it is time you throw in the towel and retire.  That way you can take in all those nice rallies, east, west and north.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Mike, it is time you throw in the towel and retire.  That way you can take in all those nice rallies, east, west and north.

Ed

Ed, you have no idea how much I would love to do that.  Unfortunately we still have a few more years of working still so we will just have to see everyone as often as we can for now, which kind of sucks by the way.  This is such a great group of people we would love to see everyone more often.

Mike.

Wow, that's up in our neck of the woods.  Would love to have some of you make it up to the Portland area.  Maybe a dinner out at one of the great lobster places. 

Daisy

I'm going to be in Essex Junction to help with the sound systems at the Escapees Escapade.  We'll have to see if I'm retired by then and can stick around for a while or if I have to make a beeline back across the country, but it would be great to meet up with others in the area.

Kim,

For Bar Harbor we well probably be at the Narrows Too where we have stayed before. I'm working on Portland - more later.
ken

skyking4ar2 said:
All I need is a couple of good campground recommendations in the general vicinity of Portland and I am in!  8)

Christi wants to see Bar Harbor again, and I have never been there, so .....

Kim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom