2016 Nissan Titan XD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
H

Hammster

Gonna check this one out at an open house at the local Nissan dealer on the 16th. It will have the 5L V8 Cummins diesel. Not in the market to buy just yet but will be worth the presentation and free food!

it will be interesting for sure the Dodge Ram hasn't done as well with the 1500 Diesel as they expected, but there is a lot of hype over the Nissan its been in the works for a while, the whole Titan platform has been a bust for Nissan in North America but sales overseas are strong.

http://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/titan

That Nissan aint cheap either and do you really need a diesel in a 1/2 ton it will be interesting to see how it flys I call fail maybe in a Toyota or a Ford or Gm i think Nissan is the wrong platform i guess we will see

The Toyota platform will be basically the same as the Nissan, including the transmission and rear end. Nissan is buying the rear end from the same manufacturer as Toyota uses in the Tundra. Toyota will use the same engine and Aisin transmission. I believe Ram Ecodiesel would have done better with a touch bigger diesel. I was going to wait and check it out but when I discovered it was going to be a 3-liter, I went on and bought my 3/4 ton. I saw a mileage test on another forum, and the 5.0 Cummins/Titan didn't do any better than my 6.7 Cummins/Ram. But, to be honest, I didn't think the test criteria was really valid. It will be interesting to see how this comes out. Everything I've read says the Titan has been a money loser for Nissan in the US from day one. Also from what I've read, the Cummins will only be available at the highest trim levels... which will make the price astronomical...

An early review from yesterday. Looks like it will be more along the lines of a 2500 instead of half ton. Getting kind of excited to at least see one up close.

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/latest-reviews/drive-review-2016-nissan-titan-xd-article-1.2458688

From what initial pricing guesses are, for just a handful more dollars, you can have a 2500 Cummins Ram.  Given that choice, it's a no brainer.  And who at Nissan snuck into Ford's design studio?  That thing is a dead ringer for the new F150

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom