Internet security Systems For Android Smartphone ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvrver

I?m setting up my first Smartphone on Tracfone, it is a Android  LG Ultimate 2.  Do I need an antivirus/malware security software or app?  If  you think I do what would you recommend.  I could add it to my Norton 360 account, but I?m thinking about changing to one of the free security plans when it expires in four months.  Dick nvrver

I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on my Android phone.  It never gets in the way, and it's free.  I wouldn't let any Norton product near any of my computers or my phone.

Malware Bytes is one of the best.. I use a different product.

Norton has been "Factory Installed" on some computers I have had and I took it off and put something else on

McAffee is not the favorite of some computer makers and I'd not put his software on anything.. Both the man, and the company, are criminals (Completely different crimes save for when he ran the firm then hid both)    I'm told Peter Norton is at least Honest.. But Well..I still do not like the software.

AVG, AVAST, LookOut, and of course whatever your carrier recommends are all on my list (provided it's not McAffee or Norton)

In fact the one I choose.... Well I got a free upgrade to premium from my carrier.

When you ask for opinions, get ready for some debates but whole hardily agree with the recommendations to stay away from Norton and McAfee.  I personally run Avast for virus protection and MalwareBytes for malware on my workstations and Avast on my phone and servers.  I became an Avast re seller a few years back because I personally liked the product and used it for years.

Back in the days of DOS, (Yeah, I know, what's DOS???) Norton had a very good 'tools' product which I had to use a number of times to rescue lost/broken or otherwise 'erased by accident' files, mostly on floppy drives. When they went to the Windows platform it seemed to go downhill and become bloatware. I believe Norton was eventually bought out by Microsoft. McAfee is packaged with many software packages and may be installed automagically so one has to be careful when installing software to make sure to prevent it being installed. Even my ISP pushes it and wants us to install it. No thanks!!

I did use free Avast as well as free AVG at different times and found them very good. Malwarebytes is always on the side here but I have never had occasion to use it except for scanning every so often for identifying potential threats. I have used Microsoft Security for the past number of years and find it very adequate for my needs. Maybe I've just been lucky over the years, but I've never been taken down by a virus!!!

Dutch you have the same phone as me on Tracfone, what do you use if any?  Thanks to the others for the suggestions.  I almost did not say I was using Norton 360 on my laptop since I knew it would not get good reviews on this forum.  Dick

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom