Should have gone to Quartzite this winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vmax1

Went to Vancover Island for the winter because all the weather guys said big El Nino is coming and its going to be nice up here. Its been storm after storm after storm, my slide out awnings are starting to tear from the hurricane force winds, cant use the roof satellite dish, so no TV, my dog is scared to go outside, its ugly here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovlLm0nIo_o

Howdy,

Looks good to me!

No over crowding, generators running, stereos blasting, no greasy sunblock, no eating dust nor heat stroke cramps!

Actually it looks like a great time to read a book and cuddle, perhaps a little hot chocolate and flannel jammies will help...

Sounds Great to me!

tom n tyler

And we were thinking it might be fun to spend part of a winter at Campbell River - Thunderbird RV park
Maybe not.

Just think whats it's like at Torfino on the ocean side.

That's OK - the same winds blew into Los Angeles yesterday and we were treated to heavy rain and thunder Friday afternoon.  Very unusual for this area.

I went over to Quartzsite over the Thanksgiving weekend and while it was fairly nice during the day, the temperatures went down into the upper 20s overnight.

It will be interesting to see what the El Nino weather is like later this winter.

You could move to one of the parks in the area that have shelter from the wind. ocean winds are nasty anywhere  but we have had more than our share this fall.

The newspapers report that the "big" El Nino effect this year should be sending much more rain to the southwest this year than it has. The scientists state that they aren't quite sure why it hasn't happened or if it will happen. They are however all in agreement that they know exactly what will happen to the weather 50 years from now if we don't give large amounts of money to the government to "solve" global warming.

I'll believe the scientists know what global warming will do in 50 years, when the weatherman can predict the next 7 days of weather correctly.

Ken

So far even the weatherman here has been 100% right.  They said a 90% chance of rain at 10AM and it started pouring at exactly 10AM.  But if I had been a mile east it might have been 10:01AM.

Basing the credibility of climatologists on the performance of TV talking heads?  Whatever floats your boat.

8Muddypaws said:
So far even the weatherman here has been 100% right.  They said a 90% chance of rain at 10AM and it started pouring at exactly 10AM.  But if I had been a mile east it might have been 10:01AM.

Basing the credibility of climatologists on the performance of TV talking heads?  Whatever floats your boat.

What is 90% rain? If it was "pouring at exactly 10AM" isn't that 100% rain? So they were off by 10%?  ;D

Ken

8Muddypaws said:
No such thing as 90% raining.  But that's what floats my boat. ;)

My boat floats in sal****er inside it's boat house. I try to keep the rain off it so the varnish stays nice.

What was the topic we were trying to get back to?  :p

Ken

Vmax1, love your youtube video.  Been to the Island but not sure I'd want to take an RV there.  Hopefully the sun will come out and warms things a bit.  Would love to hear about your experiences.  We were only on the Island for one day.  Would love to spend more time there. 

I changed my mind Im staying, its nice here again!

Attachments

• abeach2.jpg
    abeach2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 50
There is still time to go to Quartsite..

What is 90% chance of rain.. It means that with conditions as they are today, 9 Times out of 10  we got rain.

Of course.. It either rains or not..

Which is brighter: Partly Cloudy, or Partly Sunny? 

Partly Cloudy means mostly sunny.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsWebster
Back
Top Bottom