Land Rovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roverboy

Hey guys I'm kinda new around here on the RV scene but not new at all to wheeling. Any of you guys and girls been bitten by the Rover bug yet? All I see here are Jeeps. I've been working on Rovers since the fall of my first home Oldsmobile.

roverboy said:
I've been working on Rovers.

Isn't that the biggest part of wheeling with a Rover...you're always working on it...:)

Had I known that I would be getting a Class A motor home a few years after I bought my LR-2, would not have bought it.  Can't flat tow or tow dolly because of full time 4 wheel drive.  Can ony trailer, which becomes a problem when getting a site.  Also, while I love the little car, it is very expensive to fix and don't know that I would ever want to take it 4 wheeling.

Oscar Mike said:
Isn't that the biggest part of wheeling with a Rover...you're always working on it...:)

Hey now... 7 out of 10 Land Rovers ever built are still out on the road today......the other three made it home.

roverboy said:
Hey now... 7 out of 10 Land Rovers ever built are still out on the road today......the other three made it home.

I have a LR2 for my wife. It's got the 2.0 turbo direct injection engine. Kind of wish it was an older model with the 6 cyl. These trucks are very much Volvo. I have to get some diagnostic tools from the Volvo side of the dealership I work at. Wire colors are Volvo, the engine and drivetrain are volvo. But also very similar to the Ford Escape cause they owned all three companies at the time. It's great in the snow but I'm with you on not wheeling with it. I have a 99 Discovery SD for that. The original Disco, not the one BMW destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom