EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Using an IoGear HDMI transmitter to feed a remote TV  (Read 649 times)

nikasdads

• ---
Using an IoGear HDMI transmitter to feed a remote TV
« on: December 18, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »
Hi everyone. we added Dish to our Minnie but didn't have a way to get the signal to the bedroom TV. Since our Tailgator only supports one receiver, I couldn't go that route. I'm using an IoGear HDMI transmitter. It hooks to the Dish Reciever and the Blue Ray player in the front entertainment cabinet. A small Reciever plugs into the HDMI port on the rear tv. Both units need power. Turn everything on, wait a few seconds for the Reciever and transmitter to sync and bang, full 1080 on both TVs.  So far it's working pretty well. Some times I don't have any sound on the second TV, put its fixed by turning the tv off and on. This allowed me to hook both TVs to the antenna so I have both Dish and Local by switching the TV input.  A little pricey, but cheaper than a whole new Dish setup.

Here is a link
http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-GW3DHDKIT-Wireless-Digital-Channel/dp/B00630WKGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450491952&sr=8-1&keywords=IoGear
Current:
2008 Winnebago Journey 39z
2005 Honda CRV Toad

Previous:
2004 Winnebago Minnie 32G

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Using an IoGear HDMI transmitter to feed a remote TV
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:10:45 AM »
Thanks for the report. I've been considering that myself as a way to get HD to a tv which now has only old SD wiring (composite video signal).
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

azwinne

• ---
Re: Using an IoGear HDMI transmitter to feed a remote TV
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 03:41:04 PM »
You can buy a HDMI powered splitter, it goes  between source (Direct TV box or whatever) and the primary TV, then run an HDMI cable to the 2nd TV, but make sure you have a good quality HDMI cable and not too long of a run.  Also some HDMI splitters will list how far they are good for in feet or meters. Obviously both TVs will be watching the same program with this setup.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:43:04 PM by azwinne »
Tom
2006 Winnebago 31C
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Retired industrial/commercial electrician
WN7E

Hosted by Over The Network