Using an IoGear HDMI transmitter to feed a remote TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikasdads

Hi everyone. we added Dish to our Minnie but didn't have a way to get the signal to the bedroom TV. Since our Tailgator only supports one receiver, I couldn't go that route. I'm using an IoGear HDMI transmitter. It hooks to the Dish Reciever and the Blue Ray player in the front entertainment cabinet. A small Reciever plugs into the HDMI port on the rear tv. Both units need power. Turn everything on, wait a few seconds for the Reciever and transmitter to sync and bang, full 1080 on both TVs.  So far it's working pretty well. Some times I don't have any sound on the second TV, put its fixed by turning the tv off and on. This allowed me to hook both TVs to the antenna so I have both Dish and Local by switching the TV input.  A little pricey, but cheaper than a whole new Dish setup.

Here is a link
http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-GW3DHDKIT-Wireless-Digital-Channel/dp/B00630WKGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450491952&sr=8-1&keywords=IoGear

You can buy a HDMI powered splitter, it goes  between source (Direct TV box or whatever) and the primary TV, then run an HDMI cable to the 2nd TV, but make sure you have a good quality HDMI cable and not too long of a run.  Also some HDMI splitters will list how far they are good for in feet or meters. Obviously both TVs will be watching the same program with this setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom