2005 Roadtrek 190 Rear Battery Wiring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cushtech

I am replacing my coach batteries on my 2005 Roadtrek 190 and forgot to take a picture of the wiring before I pulled them. I thought I check on things before I connected the new batteries as I am not feeling too smart right now.

My question has to do with the rear battery. There are 5 wires - 2 red ones and 3 black ones.  One would assume that all the black wires connect to the negative battery terminal and all the red ones connect to the positive terminal. Correct?

http://www.gearheadlabs.com/images/rtbattery.jpg

The thing throwing me off is the larger (4 gauge?) black wire terminated with a red lug.  Wire says negative, lug says positive to me.

Thanks for your help!

The plug color is related to the wire size and has nothing to do with polarity.

Got it. That's what I thought but the brain is not working well right now.

Thanks!

Just in case anyone else runs into this here's what ended up happening.

Roadtrek did not use any standards in wiring colors so sometimes black is negative/ground and red is positive but not for everything.

In my case the large 4 gauge black wire with the red terminal is the positive lead for the generator.  If you look at me original photo it's the left two black wires to the ground and then three to the positive terminal - two red and one black.

Lesson learned - take pictures before disconnecting things.

Would also be good to get an inexpensive voltmeter and learn how to use it.  It really is not that hard and really would come in handy with non-standard wiring.

so here's my issue: I cannot get the tray to slide out on the rear battery of my 2004 RT 190P. I unlocked the latch, sprayed penetrating oil, tried using pry bars but cannot get the thing to slide out so I can check the levels - Anyone have any idea how to free the tray?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cakes09
Back
Top Bottom