"Leather" camera case for Canon SX50 HS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molaker

I bought a Canon SX50 HS several months ago and remembering my old Pentax SLR and the snug fitting leather camera case it had, I went looking for one for my new Canon.  I couldn't find one like I wanted, but Canon recommended their "Deluxe Soft Case PSC-4100" sold on their website for $30.  So, I bought one.  It's a piece of doodoo.  Trying to get the camera in it is one thing, but then trying to get the camera out and take photos while also trying to hang onto the case, too, was extremely clumsy.  It's mainly a vinyl and cloth case held together with Velcro and does not physically attach to the camera.  So, I kept looking.  Then I found one on eBay that sounded exactly like what I was looking for.  I just received it today and it's nearly perfect!  And it only cost $12.17!

The case fits the SX50 like the one I had for my Pentax.  It screws into the tripod mount like the one I had for my Pentax.  The cover unsnaps and flips over and hangs out of the way when taking photos like the one I had for my Pentax.  You get the idea, I'm sure.

Sorry if I sound excited, but I am.  Likely you more "pro" photographers have similar camera cases already and maybe I was looking for a case in all the wrong places, but if you are looking for this type of case, you may want to check out this seller.  He sells similar cases for various makes of cameras...and I don't think you can beat the price.  And if anyone wonders, I am not in any way associated with this eBay seller other than a satisfied customer.

Whenever I buy a new camera the first thing I do is take it on a field trip to Walmart and try out all the cases until I find the one that rings my bell. Thanks for the link, I am sure it will help out some one here.

Congrats on your new camera and very fine looking case. 

I think camera/gear cases and bags are sort of like women's purses.  What appeals to me might be very different from what appeals to another photographer.  Example:  What I like in a camera bag is very different from what my husband likes.  Also the case I like to use depends on the occasion.

Back
Top Bottom