Departure for QZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Well gang!  After several days of rain, ice and cold, we are going to try to get out of here (Dallas) today, probably about noon.  I think the morning traffic will clear a lot of conditions and the air is much drier.  We'll take it slow and hopefully be completely clear of this stuff within the first 150 miles.  Sun is out and that will sure help.  Temperatures remain in the upper 20's.

I'll give you a report tonight hopefully about our progress.

Drive carefully Ron and have a safe trip. Sorry we won't see you in QZ this year, but we'll be at Moab.

Ron from Big D said:
I'll give you a report tonight hopefully about our progress.

Thanks, Ron -- would appreciate that. Rolf from MN was due yesterday shortly after noon, but did not show so imagine they have run into some bad weather. Hopefully we will see them today. Temps last night on my gauge were in the "low" 20's. However, the extended  forcasts are showing clear skies for at least the next few weeks with temps rising a little each day. So when you get here, things should be back in good shape.

Bob:

I'll bet they got caught in the big Ice Storm.  We managed to get to Big Springs, TX.  Counted more than 30 rigs on their side or upside down today traveling a little over 300 miles.  When we got here, turned on the news and they said we were headed into another major snow storm west of here tomorrow.  Supposed to come in during the night.  They say this will extend all the way down into Big Bend.  Tomorrow we will see :-\

The coach looks awful.  It will need a thorough cleaning when I get into Goodyear for a couple day layover.  Bernie:  If you read this, give me a call at 214-676-4046.

Tom:

Glad you outran the storm.

Ron:

Better stay put for a while.  Weather is not good west of you.

Hurry and get this way Ron so you can enjoy this 24 degree weather here PEM area of west Phoenix.

Ron from Big D said:
    The coach looks awful.  It will need a thorough cleaning when I get into Goodyear for a couple day layover.  Bernie:  If you read this, give me a call at

Ron

Too late, we're already in QZ :p. We'll be home Sunday nite coming back Monday.

Ron:

Better stay put for a while.  Weather is not good west of you.

We will not be leaving here for a bit yet and not into bad weather.

Hope the weather improves for you.  Keep it a safe trip.

Ron from Big D said:
     I'll bet they got caught in the big Ice Storm.   We managed to get to Big Springs, TX.  Counted more than 30 rigs on their side or upside down today traveling a little over 300 miles.  When we got here, turned on the news and they said we were headed into another major snow storm west of here tomorrow.  Supposed to come in during the night.  They say this will extend all the way down into Big Bend.  Tomorrow we will see :-\

The coach looks awful.  It will need a thorough cleaning when I get into Goodyear for a couple day layover.  Bernie:  If you read this, give me a call at 214-676-4046.

Rolf knocked on my door this AM. They "did" arrive yesterday, but stayed the 14 day freebee area. His family/firends are on going to be here for 2 days -- and the LTVA area has no overnight rates. I hope Rolf will join us soon.

Are you going the 10 to the 8 to the 85? That sure cuts out a lot of unnecessary Phoenix freeway.

Drive safely, my friend . . .

I'm hurrying every chance I get.  In Las Cruces, NM tonight.  Cold but no weather.  Was 22 this morning leaving Big Spring, TX.  35 degrees in Las Cruces when we arrived.  I'm sure it will be cold in the morning in western NM.  Weather should be getting better.  How about some golf?  Be seeing you soon.  Take care.

Ron from Big D said:
Is there somewhere around Goodyear where I can pressure wash the coach?

Ron

My best recommendation would be the Danny's Truck Wash off 59th Ave, south of I-10 (behind the truck stop). they use hoses and brushes and do a good job for $1.50/ft. A better job than the Danny's on 67th across from the Flying J. I get my coach washed there and they do a very satisfactory job.

The only other place that I know is the RV parking lot at my development and you have to bave a space there. :-[

Thanks Bernie:

If I can't wash at Cotton Lane, I'll give them a try, but I'll have to go through town rather than around Phoenix on I8 and 85.

Ended up going to Danny's for the wash job.  Got to Cotton Lane after 6pm, but with a clean coach.  Plan to do some inside cleaning tomorrow and on the car also.  Will call a couple of folks tomorrow also.

Ron from Big D said:
Ended up going to Danny's for the wash job.  Got to Cotton Lane after 6pm, but with a clean coach.  Plan to do some inside cleaning tomorrow and on the car also.  Will call a couple of folks tomorrow also.

Ron:

And then we all get to do it again in a week or so. ;D ;D

Ron from Big D said:

Ron

Glad you got taken care of there. Hope you didn't have to wait too long in line. When's your ETA in QZ? Are you and Shirley getting a couple of rounds in at Palm VAlley :D

We will come down on Sunday.  We are playing tomorrow at Palm Valley.  Had lunch today with Don & Peg and Ned & Lorna.  Spent the afternoon cleaning on the inside of the coach.  Still a little more to go, but that can wait till Saturday.

See you soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom