Jim Godward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only a daughter can describe her Dad as Jeanine did:  "Here we are, 17 days later and dad finally gets to come home! He looks & sounds so much better. Not great or fantastic yet but sooo much better! My sister, Alice Dalrymple the RN is at the house from Virginia while she gets settled in Portland. If this had to happen, timing couldn't be better. She'll be there, along with Pat's family already here, to help with the recovery so Pat can get her rest & just focus on dad. Many hidden blessings in all of this. I'll just be glad when he's back to being the ******* I know & love. Thank you all for your well wishes & prayers! Keep em coming! They really are making a difference."

I loved Jeanine's description of her Dad.  Whenever I asked Jim and time and he began describing how clocks were made, I would mentally roll my eyes and think "the rocket scientist is slipping into engineer mode again".  How can one not love this guy!  ;D

"Finally! Dad is home. After numerous consultations, tests & instructions he came home thus afternoon. He sounds really great. I'd hold off calling for a day or 2 but being home really does make all the difference in the world. There is no doubt in my mind that his energy levels will steadily increase well beyond where he was before the surgery. I look forward to the day, in the not so distant future, where he isn't just glad he had the surgery, he wishes it had been done a year earlier. What an odyssey!!"

I'm back on the tablet as I have comperter problems. 
I was in the hospital for 22 days, way too long!
Doing well and am sslloooowwwwllly gaining strength.  It will be a while before full activity so finishing the last items from the move to OR is sometime down the road. 
Not sure of future RVing plans as that will depend on how well I recover!

Jim

Such great news.  Always thinking of you.

You and the bride meeting us in the Freightliner shop. Our own personal welcoming committee.

Going to Glacier this summer. Finally going to make it.

Stay well....

Jim & Kathy

YES it is.

Jim I have never fully recovered from my heart attack, but you get used to it. I just do what I can do and hire out what I can't, but still very glad the lord left me here for awhile. I believe in the power of prayer and I'm sure you've had many from the people here. Get well soon !! 

Jim, it's great to see you back with us!  Your daughter and Ernie did a great job keeping us up-to-date on your progress, but it just isn't the same as YOU!  Take it easy and don't rush things.  I know nurse Pat is riding herd on you so you just behave yourself!  Hugs to you both.

ArdraF and Jerry F

Talked to Jim on the phone, today. He is getting some exercise and his voice sounded great. He appreciates all who have contacted him and Pat

Had a really good day yesterday but over did it a bit.  Paying for it today, got to work out a good schedule for the walk.
Good report from cardiologist, not quite what I hoped though.  Hey, for my age, I am one of the few still here.
The decision on selling the MH, was made based on Drs report as I will not be able to do what needs to be done while traveling nor routine maintenance.
If someone is interested,contact me via email.  I am working on details of current status and price. Will post for sale when this completed.

Hi Jim --  So glad to see that you are home and doing well.  Mary Ann and I are looking forward to seeing Pat and you this spring/summer in Hillsboro!

So happy to hear you're progressing well.  Sad to hear you have to stop traveling in the motorhome.  Happens to all of us at some point.  We created some great memories together.  I can still taste Pat's peanut brittle and lemon cake!  Hugs to both of you.

Margi and Tom

Hey, not traveling in the MH is a small price to pay for just being here.  We are already working on plans to travel by alternate means, still can do some sight seeing and generally enjoy life and family.  What more can I ask for?

I need to get to Jacksonville OR to help with resolution of a cousins genealogy files sometime in the next year so we may stop by.

Let me know when the time comes so we'll be sure to be here.  Looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom