SMI Silent Partner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earljan34

I am thinking of using this system in my Jeep, Has anyone else used this system?  Any feed back would be appreciated.

Earl

I don't have a clue what it is either  ???

I did a web search on it.  It is a braking system for toads.

http://www.smibrake.com/silentpartner.html

Thanks Lowell. Looks/sounds like some marketing hype.

This was a legitimate question NOT SOME MARKETING HYPE !  The cost of this unit is around $1300.00 I was looking for feed back as to it working as described and any problems people might have had with the unit.  But as always the lack of knowledge is only answered by smart remarks!

Earl

Never saw it before, and wouldn't recommend it without any knowledge there of.  As for as the smart remarks  We don't need that here.  For that money  I want one heck of a lot of expereince by litteraly plenty of people or I'd also think it was a marketing hype.  Theres ayto much hype out there in the RV business as there is is other Businesses  JMHO

earljan34 said:
But as always the lack of knowledge is only answered by smart remarks!

Sorry you have such a low opinion of me Earl. Understand how you might think my reply to Lowell was a smart comment, but surely not "always", given the 10,700 or so of my messages here  ???

Tom , It was not directed at you personally it was a general term. Sorry if you took it personnel it was not meant that way, I have only know one other person using this system and I am looking for as much info as I can get,

Earl

Thanks Earl. Wish I had something constructive to offer on the Silent Partner, but hopefully someone will be along who has some experience with it.

SMI is a major brand of toad braking systems and Silent Partner is one of their main, if older, products. Definitely not "marketing hype"  and I'm a bit amazed that several responders have not heard of it.  However, I can't relate any experience with it either.

The SMI "Stay in Plan" system is more popular. However, SMI has a new product called the Air Force One (AFO) and I have heard very good reports on that. If you have a coach with air brakes, it is probably a better choice. Less expensive too. SMI Air Force One

Back
Top Bottom