Can you back up a trailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
H

Hammster

Pretty funny.

Attachments

• back a trailer.jpg
    back a trailer.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 309
I have never got as good as a friend of mine said he was. He told me if I stood still, he could put a trailer in my shirt pocket.

It's 30' long, and has to come in at an angle due to a cable TV box in the parkway..... and it clears the house and the rock wall by less than a foot when doing so.  Do I qualify??  :)

Attachments

• palo 5.jpg
    palo 5.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Palo 4.jpg
    Palo 4.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 123
Can I?  Yes.  Do I like it?  Depends.  Straight back or up to a 45 turn.  No problem.  There was a time I had to back a quarter mile through tight radius S turns with about a foot of clearance on either side.  I succeeded after many corrections and repeat attempts. would prefer not to do it again.

:-[ I have the hardest time getting boat into water.  If I can see the trailer it helps. I can park a school bus between two other buses with only walking space between them.  I am planning to practice at local university's empty parking lot with my 5th wheel.  Otherwise--I take a co-pilot.  edit-- I just looked at picture, and I'll agree I ain't no man. ;D ;D
Mary

YUP!  I have to back down a curved 100 ft driveway with my 32 ft Bullet and then get it behind the house on a 45 degree turn.  Nail it every time!  Comes from years of backing a 26 ft , 7000 lb boat trailer into the same spot!  Once you learn the technique, it's like riding a bike!

John From Detroit said:
Yes I can back a trailer.. In fact... Well I've been doing it for over half a century.. So I should have enough practice by now :).

Slow learner?  (just like me)  ;D

My first trailer was an 8 foot three rail motorcycle carrier.  That short little thing was just a bit 'twitchy'.  About the same as backing on of those rental cement mixers. 

Next was a 14 foot boat trailer you could never see.  That was even more fun!

RV trailers are EASY!

Frizlefrak said:
And what am I supposed to do with the toys???

Think of all the fun you could have if either one of those had a hitch on it.  ;D

The wife, our youngest daughter and her significant other were house shopping again yesterday and we found the "The One".  The kids put an offer in on the house which has a 180' straight flat RV driveway where our rig will sit right beside the pool.  The only issue with the house is that it's on a cul-de-sac and to back the rig in on the sight side of the truck I'll be backing in almost half a mile through one 90? turn and two "S" turns.  All of this is doable but I can visualize the neighbors sitting in their front yards with adult beverages watching.

Foto-n-T said:
Think of all the fun you could have if either one of those had a hitch on it.  ;D

Both easily have to power to pull the trailer.  Structural rigidity.....not so much LOL.

Foto-n-T said:
The wife, our youngest daughter and her significant other were house shopping again yesterday and we found the "The One".  The kids put an offer in on the house which has a 180' straight flat RV driveway where our rig will sit right beside the pool.  The only issue with the house is that it's on a cul-de-sac and to back the rig in on the sight side of the truck I'll be backing in almost half a mile through one 90? turn and two "S" turns.  All of this is doable but I can visualize the neighbors sitting in their front yards with adult beverages watching.

The neighbors?  Hell, we all want video too!! 

TomHaycraft said:
Ever hear those two squabbling at night? They look to be on their best behavior in that picture.  8)

Well, being rivals in the wild you would think that, but since they're in captivity and are both well fed, all is well.  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom