2012 Fleetwood Tioga

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

COCAMPER17

We are considering the purchase of a used 2012 Fleetwood Tioga 31m and I can't find any real info on this model ie reviews, discussion of quality, roof maintenance, things to look out for...

Any help would be greatly appreciated by this newbie.
Thank you

I have a 2012 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31N, which is very similar, except mine is the convertible bunkhouse and has long slides on each side--one in front and one on opposite side in the rear.  I had a lot of warranty issues, but I am happy with it because it fits me as a solo traveler.  I removed the front dinette and replaced it with my old, comfy leather recliner from home. Most of the warranty items were small, but I did have a soft spot in the floor in front of my couch which turned out to be a broken weld, but Fleetwood took the slide out, removed the linoleum and a chunk of plywood, rewelded it, and replaced everything.  Got new flooring out of the deal.

The v10 engine has been a champ, taking me up mountains and down, and never overheating or causing me problems, even over the 71,000 miles I have put on it since I bought it new.(I have been full-timing it in, so have given it harder usage than many people.)  One thing is that there was a December 2013 recall on the Michelin tires for sidewall blowouts, of which I had two, so you need to check to make sure the tires have been replaced by Michelin.  The blowouts were scary, but I got 7 new tires free out of it. 

One other irritating thing is problems with the water pump.  I am on my third pump and think this one needs replacing as well.  Fleetwood checked lines this fall and cannot find any leaks, but it seems like three pumps is way too many!  It is also in a very inaccessible place so I cannot do it myself, even though I was told it was very easy.  I am going to try to have it replumbed so it is more easily reachable.   

Thank you for the great information!
Looks like I am going to pick this one up next week! Excited for my family to start Rving!!!

Do remember that I bought new with a warranty.  You are buying used, so you need to get it thoroughly inspected by an outside expert to make sure there are not any hidden things like water leaks that could have happened if it was not well-cared for or was involved in an accident in the past 3-4 years. 

Good luck, and perhaps I will pass you on the road.  I do not see many duplicates of my motorhome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom