EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Duplicate Solar Power Systems  (Read 4670 times)

HueyPilotVN

• ---
Duplicate Solar Power Systems
« on: December 30, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »
I just spent most of the afternoon at Discount Solar in Quartzsite going over the speciifications and designing and picking up all the components for two seperate Solar Systems.

One is for the Stacker and the other is for the Country Coach DP.

The Stacker system is for providing power to do three things.  First it provides power thru an invertor to make sure that the freezer in the Stacker always has power.  The second use it to allow me to charge the batteries in the golf cart.  The third use is for general A/C power for power tools in the workshop.

I am going to mount the panels on the roof of the Stacker flat without tilting mounts because the roof is over 13 feet 6 inches high already and I do not want to climb on that rood anyway.

The combiner will mount high up on the inside wall feeding 6 guage cable down to the Charge Controller that will mount just above the workbench on the wall also.

The output from the controller will go thru short 6 guage cable to a large fuze then to the Optima blue top batteries located under the workbench.

The Invertor will mount in the same location above and at the end of the workbench.  It is fed from the batteries with short 6 guage cable going first thru a 200 Amp Fuze.  The Invertor will feed A/C to the freezer at all times.  The invertor will be powered by A/C if the Stacker is plugged in or by the DC batteries if no shorepower is available.  The Invertor will also charge the batteries if on shorepower.  This will insure that the freezer will stay cold even when driving down the road or when boondocking.

The system for the DP is simpler.  It is virtually the same system as the Stacker except I already have the Xantrex 3000 watt invertor that is fed by 6 Trojan T-105 batteries thru a large fuze.

All I am doing is adding the Solar charging half of the system.  I will use tilt mounts on the panels on the DP roof because it is lower and easier to get to on the roof.  The cable will feed down the refridgerator vent using a combiner at the top to connect the smaller wires of the panels to the same type 6 guage cable as I am using in the Stacker.  These two 6 gauge cables run down to the battery compartment that is lower and next to the Refer.  I am mounting the Charge Controller in the compartment next to and seperated from the battery bank and then feeding the batteries thru another fuze.  Many people mount the Charge controller inside the Coach where it is available and visable.  In my case I already have the remote Xantrex panel mounted on the wall inside and it shows the battery state of charge already.

My next step is to find an able bodied person or two to hire for the install.  I want to supervise and manage the install to both make sure it is done exactly as I want and to be able to modify it at any step in the process.  When you do it this way you can catch anything that you want to be changed and do it in the best possible way.  I know that the installers are good at Discount Solar, but I would drive then crazy if they would even let me near during the install.  So I did not even ask.

Film at eleven.
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
34' Stacker Trailer, Trailer Toad
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

dverstra

• ---
Re: Duplicate Solar Power Systems
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 08:18:33 AM »
Sounds like a good upgrade.
I just upgraded my solar system on the Motorhome from the original 1 Solec 85 watt Panel to 4  100watt panels from AM Solar. My next upgrade is to replace the solar controller.
Hopefully my pic will load. Its been a while since I posted a pic. :)
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Grandville, MI
FMCA 431519
RPCV Sierra Leone

OLDRACER

• ---
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 09:00:29 AM »
Not that it is any of my business, but what is that on the left bottom of the picture? A dish antenna or ?

dverstra

• ---
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 10:50:35 AM »
Oldracer
That is the garage door opener of the building that I store it in.
2013 Honda CRV
Grandville, MI
FMCA 431519
RPCV Sierra Leone

OLDRACER

• ---
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 05:52:16 AM »
Ah Ha!!! My curiosity is satisfied. Thanks.

William52

• ---
  • Common sense is not common anymore.
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 11:15:15 AM »
Sounds like a good upgrade.
I just upgraded my solar system on the Motorhome from the original 1 Solec 85 watt Panel to 4  100watt panels from AM Solar. My next upgrade is to replace the solar controller.
Hopefully my pic will load. Its been a while since I posted a pic. :)
You will need to run a larger wires from what I've heard on the forum.
2000 Pace Arrow M35N F53 V10 Ford  100,000 + miles purrs like a kitten. 2010 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon, RVI3 Brake

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 12:06:23 PM »
The short wires from the panels to the combiner at roof level are #10 UV protected wire.  From the combiner down to the Charge controller I am using #6 Stranded Battery Cable which is the largest that will fit into the lug openings on the combiner, the controller, and the openings on the ends of the large fuze holder.  The #6 battery cable is about as big around as my finger. 

From all the reading I did from Handy Bob and others it seems to be what they recommend.  I am starting with about 600 watts divided between the two systems.  I will find out if that does what I need it to do.  The Stacker system hopefully will be fully functional with that amount.  I may well double the amount later for the DP.

For a guy that boondocks maybe one week a year this seems to be a good start.

The real reason that I am doing this is because I like the idea of having one more way to be self sufficient if there was ever a reason to need it.  I am not a prepper or a survivalist, but I like the assurance of having options.

The initial cost of the components and small parts is about $3,000.  I am not doing this for the savings or payback recovery but rather for peace of mind and functionality.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:28:04 PM by HueyPilotVN »
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

William52

• ---
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 12:13:58 PM »
Yes it would be nice to be self sufficient and not need that 50amp plug or gen/set. But I would want some solar and will have as much I can afford.
2000 Pace Arrow M35N F53 V10 Ford  100,000 + miles purrs like a kitten. 2010 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon, RVI3 Brake

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »
Voltage drop is important on all cables, but the critical ones are between the charge controller and battery.  Most solar panels have enough voltage overhead that losing a couple tenths of a volt between them and the charge controller is no big deal.

But unless the charge controller has remote voltage sensing via separate wires to the battery terminals, it's making it's charge decisions based on the voltage at it's output, not what is actually appearing at the battery terminals.

Lose a couple tenths of a volt along the battery cables and your charge controller will shut off the battery charge prematurely.   That's the problem Handy Bob is talking about.

Short #10 jumpers to individual panels and #6 down to the charge controller sounds fine to me.

It wouldn't hurt to use anti-oxydant grease on all connections, especially those outside.  It's usually recommended for controlling oxydation on aluminum wire connections but it's also helpful on copper especially when it's crimped or screwed to another type of metal.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:28:54 PM by Lou Schneider »

dverstra

• ---
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 04:22:14 PM »
You will need to run a larger wires from what I've heard on the forum.
In my instance, AM Solar reviewed the size of my wires, the lengths from the combiner to the Charge controller and to the batteries and approved the wire sizing. Thanks for the input though.
2013 Honda CRV
Grandville, MI
FMCA 431519
RPCV Sierra Leone

dverstra

• ---
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 04:27:14 PM »

The real reason that I am doing this is because I like the idea of having one more way to be self sufficient if there was ever a reason to need it.  I am not a prepper or a survivalist, but I like the assurance of having options.

The initial cost of the components and small parts is about $3,000.  I am not doing this for the savings or payback recovery but rather for peace of mind and functionality.

Exactly the reasons for doing mine. I like not being entirely dependent on our electric grid. Not a Prepper...just an individualist.
2013 Honda CRV
Grandville, MI
FMCA 431519
RPCV Sierra Leone

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 05:29:33 PM »
Lou,

Thanks for reminding me about the antioxident grease.  I also forgot to mention that I do have even bigger battery cables for the 3 feet from the controller to the batteries and for the 4 feet of cable that goes to the Invertor with a 200 amp fuse in the positive cable.

I also want to pick you brain when you get here to Q about what you said in reference to the question about dual use of the 36 volt golf cart battery bank

dverstra,

I agree that AM Solar knows what they are doing.  I have had a few talks with them over the phone in the last few years.  I considered at one point putting several kilowatts of solar on the roof of some of our Mobile Surgerical Facilities and Mobile Hospitals.  In the end we realized that we could not do much more that create some backup capabilities with the limits on solar.
I would have ordered my solar components from AM Solar except for the shipping hassle and the fact that they are closed till after the New Year and I am a spur of the moment kind of purchaser.
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

dverstra

• ---
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 07:20:47 PM »

My next step is to find an able bodied person or two to hire for the install.  I want to supervise and manage the install to both make sure it is done exactly as I want and to be able to modify it at any step in the process.  When you do it this way you can catch anything that you want to be changed and do it in the best possible way.  I know that the installers are good at Discount Solar, but I would drive then crazy if they would even let me near during the install.

My problem with that is to find someone as anal as I am. I usually have to do it myself. ;D ;D All of the electrical lines have to be aligned. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I know better. 8) I guess that is why I was a Tool and Die Maker.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 07:22:33 PM by dverstra »
2013 Honda CRV
Grandville, MI
FMCA 431519
RPCV Sierra Leone

William52

• ---
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 07:24:14 PM »
My problem with that is to find someone as anal as I am. I usually have to do it myself. ;D ;D All of the electrical lines have to be aligned. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I know better. 8) I guess that is why I was a Tool and Die Maker.
                  Sounds familiar I would want them tied down every foot too. LOL

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 07:38:14 PM »
I agree, but I mostly want someone to climb up and work on the roof part of the install and fish the cable down the vent.

I fully intend for the finished appearance to look very professional, especially in the Stacker where it will be very visable.

I am still a little concerned about mounting the panels on the roof of the Stacker at over 13' 6" already.  I think I will look for one of those warning alarms that mount up front on top of the DP to give me a warning if I am approaching a low clearence situation.  Another fellow here at the RV park tells me that some commercial truck shops have them for sale.  Anyone know who might have these?

I am in no hurry to complete the install.  It is cold here in Q in the mornings, at least cold for me.
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 01:40:50 PM »
I finally got the system for the Stacker installed.

I mounted two 140 watt panels on the roof.  They are wired in paralell and I used the #10 UV protected wire and it run thru the roof with a cover and lots of sealer.

Inside the combiner is located just under the ceiling and converts the wireing to #6 battery cable that runs down the inside wall to the workbench.

I fuzed both the input and the output of the charge controller with 30 amp fuzes.

The charge controller is a 30 amp Go Power.  It is mounted in a box that is mounted to a piece of plywood.  The upper fuze in the input and the lower fuze is the output to the batteries located inside the cabinet under the work bench.  The black component just under the top cabinets is a combination of voltage monitor, 12 volt cigarette type socket and a USB socket.  I added this for easy access to 12 volts while working at my workbench.  It is supplied by wires down to the batteries and covered with black plastic flexible covering.

The white A/C outlets are powered by the output from the 1,000 watt pure sine wave invertor. 

I learned a lesson about hooking up an Invertor.  I fried the one I got from Mike by not hooking up the 12 volt wiring before I plugged it in.  The second invertor noted that in the installation instructions.

The Invertor has a catastrophic 200 amp fuze in the input wiring.  This fuze is mounted at the bottom of the picture.

I normally have a three stage battery charger hooked up to the batteries but I am leaving it off because the almost 300 watts of solar seem top keep the batteries fully charges so far.

The batteries are located inside the cabinet under and close to the invertor, (very short cable run).

They are Optima sealed blue top batteries, (2 of them in paralell at 12 volts each).

The Invertor is plugged in and will come online automatically if the A/C power is lost.  The main function of this system is to maintain power to the freezer to the left in the third picture.

Another use of the system is to slow charge the Golf Cart.  I got a 10 amp 36 volt slow charger for the golf cart because the normal monster battery charger was boiling the batteries dry on a routine basis.

The third possible use is to power any of the power tools in my workshop.

Here are the pictures.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:53:15 PM by HueyPilotVN »
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 01:44:26 PM »
Next picture

Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »
last picture
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 10:22:32 PM »
Bill, a long way off from doing a full system but would like to ease that direction.

Questions:
-How many panels/watts are you putting on the DP?
-Did you already have room for the bank of six 105s or are a couple located nearby? (I have four 125s but my tray is full, would like to add a couple more and they'd have to go in the inverter bay adjacent to the battery bay.)
-What is your charge capability with the Xantrex 3000? (i.e., what is the amp rating of the charger?)
-Do you think a Xantrex 2000 (around 100a) would work with a bank of six 125s?
-I know it's expensive but have you considered lithium?
Scott
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 800W Solar
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 10:47:54 PM »
Scott,

I have two of the 140 watt panels still in the box for the DP.  I am on hold because Renae found a 2015 DP that she really likes, (bath and a half 43 footer).

I never did plan on being independent of hookups or the generator but rather wanted to extend the batteries by using supplemental Solar.

I just looked and I have 4 T-105s and not six.  I recently bought six new T-105s and was thinking about that when I posted.  I am looking for a way to use those six additional batteries if I can figure out an easy switching method for them in the golf cart.

I was also advised not to have the Invertor or the charge controller in the same compartment as the batteries because of the possibility of a spark with the possible presence of hydrogen gas from the batteries.

The Xantrex Freedom 458 3000 has a charging capability of 140 amps DC.  I did not know that but I just looked up the owners manual.

I do not think that there is any problem with oversizing the battery bank relative to the size of the Invertor.

I looked at Lithium and it seemed very expensive to me for the benefits.  I think lithium has its place, ( I have a lithium battery in my portable defibrillator ), but it seems like overkill for what the flooded cell batteries do.  Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:49:54 PM by HueyPilotVN »
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 11:22:01 PM »
Looks great Bill! Welcome to the world of solar!

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 11:23:57 PM »
Thanks Kev,

You were missed at Quartzsite.  Actually your cutie grandaughter was probably missed more...LOL

Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 11:33:09 PM »
Yeah we missed you guys too. We were actually only about 25 miles south of you at a place called KOFA. We spent three nights there and hoped to get into QZ and see everybody - just couldn't make it. Jo Jo's doing great - still loves to go camping with Gramma and Grampa - and still remembers riding in your golf cart! :D

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Lakeside, California

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 11:09:06 PM »

Here is the second part of the solar project.

The Solar on the stacker has been completed and I have mostly been waiting for the weather to warm up.   I also put the project on hold because we are looking at new DPís.  I am going to go ahead and install the solar power system on the country coach because even if we get the new one I will give the current one to a family member.

I already have two of the 140 watt panels for this system.  I am going to pick up three more of these for a total of 700 watts on the roof of the DP.

I had already purchased a 30 amp charge controller.  I went back to the dealer and they sold me a better MPPT charge controller, (Blue Sky 30001), that acts as a master control and display that can be daisy chained with up to 7 more 40 amp charge controllers, (Solar Boost 3024IL), to expand the system.

I am mounting these panels with tilt mounts and making sure that nothing can cast any shadows on the panels.

I was going to run the wire down a roof vent until I realized that I could go thru the roof into a corner cabinet and directly down into the area of the bedroom where the washer/dryer is located. 

This entire run is inside the cabinet and after connecting to the charge controllers the cables go thru the floor directly into the battery compartment.

The second half of the system is already in place.  The Invertor is a Xantrax 3000 watt and the batteries are 4 T-105s.

As a side note, I never use the washer/dryer and I am going to remove it and give it away to use the space for more storage.

If anyone in Quartzsite wants it they can have it or I will just put a free sign on it and give it away here at the RV Park.
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 09:44:50 PM »
OK,  I spent the last couple of days installing the second half of the system.

I choose to go ahead with the install even if we get a new DP.  I needed a project to do anyway and if I get a new one I will give this one to a family member.

I upgraded my original plan for the DP from 290 watts, (two 145 watt panels), to 725 watts, (five 145 watt panels).

I also am doing something a little different.  The Blue Sky controllers have a method of controlling more that one controller, ( Up to 8 controllers, a master and seven slave controllers) for expandability of the system.  The Blue Sky 3000I is a 30 watt MPPT controller with a display and the ability to be the master controller with an IPN address of 0.  I am using a Blue Sky 3024IL as the first slave controller.  It is a 40 watt MPPT controller without a display and has the IPN address of 1.  I probably will not add more capacity but I can add up to six more slave controllers.

These two systems are wired as two discreet systems and both put thier output into the same battery bank.  They are networked and the master controller works to cooridinate charging the batteries.  It also displays the combined total function of the networked system.  One advantage of this configuration is that if one system has a problem, the other system will operate independently and the ability to expand the system if needed without rewiring or changing wire size.

I also got an IPN Pro display that connects to the master controller, (3000I ) by way of a standard RJ-11 phone cord.  This display uses a shunt at the negative post of the battery bank just like the Trimetric monitor.

I was going to use the Trimetric battery monitor based on recommendations by others on the Forum such as Kevin Means.  The owner of Discount Solar here in Quartzsite assured me that the Blue Sky monitor has the same functions such as Amps in, Amps out, % of charge in batteries and such.

He also told me today that he is interested in how this system works in real life as this is the first actual configuration in this way that he knows of from Discount Solar.

OK enough of the description.

Here is the actual installation. 

I mounted the panels so that there are no shadows on any of the panels.  They can be tilted in either direction without causing shadows on other panels.  I probably will not tilt them unless I am stationary for at least a month somewhere.  However, if I did not install the tilt mounts I would not have this option.

I wired them in parallel and connected the first two from the back to supply the 3000I controller.  The next three I wired a little differently.  The third and the fourth from the back are wired just like the first two and run thru the roof.  The fifth panel from the back is the most distant from the roof entrance to the combiners so I was advised by the owner of Discount Solar to run it on its own seperate wire.  The third and fourth panel input and the fifth panel input both connect to the same combiner block and then go down to the fuse and controller using #6 cable just like the first two panels do.

I drilled the hole thru the roof into a cabinet behind the TV in the bedroom.  There is a wall space behind the cabinet that containes the vent pipe for the washer/dryer and that is what I used for bringing the wiring down to the controllers.

Now you will probably get a laugh out of where I mounted the Master controller and the IPN Pro Display.  It is in the bathroom, clearly visable, and the buttons can be pushed from the throne.

The second controller, (3024IL) is mounted inside the wall and can be accessed from the cabinet where the washer/dryer used to be.  I also used a little extra cable so that I could lift the controller off its hanger and work on it without being double jointed.

Both controllers have fuses on both the input from the panels and the output to the batteries.  The 30 amp master has 40 amp fuses and the 40 amp controller has 50 amp fuses.

I was able to drill holes thru the floor directly into the battery compartment.  Both positive output cables connect to the most positive post on the battery bank.  In the following pictures it is the left nearest post.  The two negative cables go to the shunt located at the right rear post where the twisted pair for the IPN Display also connects to the shunt.  The temperature probe is connected to an available different post as it was tight on bolt length at the shunt post at the negative post.  The temperature compensation wire goes to the master controller.

I used cable clamps to secure the cables to the ceiling of the battery compartment.

After rechecking all my wiring I placed the four fuses in the fuse holders and then went up on the roof and removed the cardboard that has been covering the panels since I installed them a few days ago.  It was sunset as I removed the cardboard and took the pictures.

The displays show the status but tomorrow will tell the story about charge current.

Here are the pictures and I will probably post some in another post because of size restrictions.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:35:08 PM by HueyPilotVN »
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 09:46:18 PM »
More pictures
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 09:49:00 PM »
Last pictures

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:03:00 PM by HueyPilotVN »
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2016, 02:03:14 AM »
Bill, I'm sure your Blue Sky monitor will work just as well as a Trimetric. You're going to love the battery power % remaining feature! It looks like a clean install on those panels. By the way, it's totally acceptable if Old Glory casts an occasional shadow on our panels! I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion about solar after you've had it awhile. We're sure happy with it.

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Lakeside, California

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 11:29:35 AM »
Here is an update on the system for the DP.

It is hard to do a good evaluation because since I installed it I have driven all accross the country to South Carolina and I am mostly either charging the batteries from the engine alternator or from being hooked up at the RV park.

I am now at the destroyed hospital where we are placing the temporary hospital.  Last night I operated on only the Invertor and drew the battery bank down to 66% according to the battery monitor and watching two TVs, two computers, lights and other loads.

By 11:00 AM this morning I had recharged the batteries from 66% to 100%.

The way I use this system or rather do not utilize the system it will stay on 100% most all the time.

I am now hooked up to 50 amp service here at the hospital because the maintenance staff drilled a hole thru the brick wall into the hospital electrical room and tied me directly into one of the main power panels.
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »
Update:

It has been almost 6 months and I an adding a fourth system to the project.

This extra system is going into the Stacker. 

The current system in the Stacker uses two 140 watt Kyrocera panels, a Gopower charge controller, two blue top Optima sealed batteries, and a 1,000 watt invertor.

I want to insure that I have plenty of capacity for running the chest freezer and for charging the golf cart.  I am adding a completely seperate system.  I am doing this in part because I did not want to put the new 6 volt golf cart battery bank (4 batteries) in the same battery bank as the two Optima AGMs.  I will use the current system with the two optimas and completely seperate the new addded system.  The old system will power the lights, hydraulic car lift, stereo, and the two front power jacks.

The new system is just for the freezer and for recharging the golf cart.

The new system includes three 160 watt Grape solar panels, a Blue Sky 3024il 40 amp MPPT charge controller, a Magnum MMS 1012G Invertor/charger, a trimetric monitor, and four 6 volt GC2 batteries.

I have ordered all the components and will take pictures as I do the install over the next week or two.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:36:33 PM by HueyPilotVN »
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

Hosted by Over The Network