Inversion Table On The Road?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herekittykitty

Kind-of an esoteric question, but I had to sell my inversion table (like this amazon.com/gp/product/B008054PFI) when I moved into the motorhome. I just saw a video by fulltimers where they talked about saving on chiropractor bills by buying the table above, and showed them using it outside.

I can't fathom how to fit one of those anywhere! They have folding ones, but those just fold flat to slide under a bed.
I'm pretty sure I'd need one where the bottom portion/legs were in two parts that slide or snap together, or in some other way disassembles.
I know there are also "gravity boots" that attach to doorways (but have never figured out how you're supposed to get into or out of them).

Does anybody have a traction device in their rig? If so, what is it, and how do you store it?

In a storage bay (basement), for travel? Then leave it out (folded, in a corner?) when at the campsite. You're gonna have it out to use anyway, right?

Oh, sorry, I see you have a Class C. Just one of the many reasons why an A would have been a better choice than a C in that size range.

I carry mine in the basement and the main unit disconnects from the base at the pivot point. It's easy to handle and set up. Yes I just use it outside, I keep it under the bedroom slide with a Bike Cable lock thru the frame and over the slide arms just to keep it from walking off.

I drive a 1995 32 foot Damon Challenger class A and it would easily fit in the rear basement storage bay. I runs the entire width of the RV (8 feet) and is at least a foot high. The door is about two feet wide. It is too late to go outside and measure but I will measure it tomorrow and post a photo if you wish.

I have plenty of room (technically) in my basement, but if I put it there it will never come out again. Too heavy and bulky for me to maneuver into that space, with the other stuff that's in there.

I CAN put something that breaks down (rather than just folding in half like a ladder) in there, and that's what I'm hoping to find, or some other kind of traction device of which I'm unaware. Was hoping somebody had found that mythical beast.

herekittykitty said:
I have plenty of room (technically) in my basement, but if I put it there it will never come out again. Too heavy and bulky for me to maneuver into that space, with the other stuff that's in there.
I am so sorry. In your original post you said "I can't fathom how to fit one of those anywhere!" 

herekittykitty; I bought mine from Wal-Mart on line with ship to store option, it's called "Ironman".  The thing to look for is the feet retaining system.  Ensure that you get one that has 1/2 round clamps to clamp on your ankles, and not the ones that have a straight bar, their very uncomfortable and you can slip out between the parallel bar style of clamps.

Cant Wait said:
herekittykitty; I bought mine from Wal-Mart on line with ship to store option, it's called "Ironman".  The thing to look for is the feet retaining system.  Ensure that you get one that has 1/2 round clamps to clamp on your ankles, and not the ones that have a straight bar, their very uncomfortable and you can slip out between the parallel bar style of clamps.
Do you happen to have the model number? - when I do a search there are lots of "Ironman" inversion tables.

Appreciate the tip about the ankle restraints, but what I'm most interested in is finding one that will actually break down, rather than just fold in half. That's what yours does, correct?

If you have an island bed, keeping it "under the bed" might not be that bad of an option.

Take off the mattress and build a platform about 6" higher than the present platform.  Slide the inversion table into the space created.

Lou Schneider said:
If you have an island bed, keeping it "under the bed" might not be that bad of an option.

Take off the mattress and build a platform about 6" higher than the present platform.  Slide the inversion table into the space created.
I like the idea of more space under the bed :). Will keep that in mind.

herekittykitty; no I don't have a model # I bought it several years ago.  If memory served me it cost around $149. if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom