2015 photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was at our grandson's ice hockey game last weekend without a 'regular' camera. Taking pics with my cell phone was a PITA, and anything but "posed" shots had poor results.

Now that OIS has been mentioned several times, I think we should mention that there is also EIS, or Electronic Image Stabilization, though I've not yet noticed it in cell phones (I easily might have missed it). It's not nearly so good, and can reduce the quality of the picture since it's really just a post-processing of the picture that also loses some of the outer edges of the picture. I've had one camera with that, and almost never used it. OIS I always use.

Might be time (to) upgrade my cell phone. My current Samsung had raving camera reviews when I bought it several years ago. Actually, I considered upgrading several weeks ago and talked for some time with a Samsung rep in a Best Buy store. When I asked about reasons to upgrade, he muttered something about a "better camera", but I didn't hear anything about OIS. I'll go look at some reviews.

Thanks. If/when I upgrade, I'd get the latest and greatest. I'll probably visit a VZW store or the wireless provider at our local Costco when we get home in a couple of weeks.

In all honesty there are at least a half a dozen cell phones that are as good as the S6. The Apple 6s+, LG V10, Nexus 6p, LG G4, Sony Z5 and a few more. When you get ready to buy I suggest doing a lot of reading. I don't know which ones have OIS.

I won't be buying an iPhone. Chris is on her third one, and currently wishes she didn't have one  :(

My last phone was an iPhone and I will never own one again. They are just too rigid in their rules. And selling the iPhone and getting it ready for sale was a nightmare. The S6 beats the iPhone by a large margin. Not the phone itself, they are pretty much identical, but the camera is like night and day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom