Found in the desert in SE AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will have to watch the movie Rat Race and wait for Woopi Goldberg's scene where she tries the shortcut in order to understand what you are looking at.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250687/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Not much salvageable there. I do think I see an old suburban body though that may be.

Some consider it art.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/81/54/0a/81540ad9e977483c2df5afcc2072c834.jpg
Besides things were different back then. Things weren't just tossed away back then. There was value there for a generation that eked out every usable bit of what they owned. Those hulks look to have been scavenged for anything useful in keeping other things operating. Now they are a haven for small animals that are prey for larger animals, kinda like an ocean reef. Then there's the possibility that there was a town there that dried up and blew away, before that generation got a chance to sell as scrap.

Bill

Howdy Chet,

Chet18013 said:
I've been doing a lot of 4x4 running around in the desert here in AZ. We have lots of mines and ghost towns to visit. Then every once in a while you find something different.

Where was that? We've been to the area (briefly) and liked it, and are planning some extended 4WD exploring in the future, so we're curious.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

VallAndMo said:
Howdy Chet,

Where was that? We've been to the area (briefly) and liked it, and are planning some extended 4WD exploring in the future, so we're curious.

It's about 5 miles east of Benson, on the south side of the UP tracks, up a large dry wash. If you've never been to the SKP RV Park on AZ 80 just south of Benson, come an stay for a week. The park is running a first time visitor offer of a week for $50 plus electric. I'd be happy to show you where this location is and I also found another pile of cars I can show you as well.

Looks like a 'few' of the cars my three sons trashed in their growing up years.  Some have still not grown up even at age 52 - he trashed one in 2015.

That front grille is probably worth a few bucks. Bet it's made of unobtainium or at the very least obsoletium.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom