Mid Winter Battery Check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Went to the storage lot today and checked on the Green TARDIS house battery state of charge.  Have read many comments about wet cell golf cart batteries self discharging (internal discharge).  My less than a year old Interstate house batteries measured 12.75 volts after about 1.5 months in the storage lot.  Considering that the ambient temperature was 20F ish, I add 0.1 volts to that reading (??) and guessimate that the state of charge in in the area of 93% (room temperature 12.85 volt swag).  Was expectioning the house batteries to be more discharged then that.  Will check on them again in mid February.

considering that most sources I've read indicate 5% as an average or typical discharge rate.... I believe I have also seen 3% to 5% mentioned... your measurements seem about right then....

Got the Green Tardis out of the storage lot today.  House batteries on this 70F day are at 12.64 volts.  That is now after 4.5+ months of storage.  Have seen many, many posts about battery winter storage issues and now I wonder why.  Will get the solar panels back on the roof and operating and give the house batteries a top off.  I might also plug the van in and charge the batteries with the Progress Dynamics Interi-Power 9245 for good measure  SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom