Help with Ride Rite Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whosgreg

Hi,
I recently bought a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 because I have a 22' RV.  I also selected this truck because it already has a Ride Rite installed with 2 air nozzles on the rear bumper.  There was no manual for it.  I could use some help with how to use it please.  I would appreciate it.

Questions:  Do I reduce the psi if I'm not pulling anything?  What's the psi if I'm going to use the RV?  and any other info that I would need to know.

I have had two trucks, with Ride-Rite on them. The first one when it was installed, was put in with a T, so it only had one air valve to fill in the bumper, that way it equalized the two air bags. In the truck we have now, I have an on-board compressor and can change pressure anytime, and love it.
With yours, you will need a very actuate pressure gauge, then fill each with the same amount of air. It would not be a big project to cut a T in and add hose, making it much easier to add or reduce air.
Our 5th wheel weights 18,300 lbs plus or minus, with a hitch weight of about 4.000 lbs. Saying that, I run 90 lbs of pressure when towing, and 15 lbs when we're not.
Everything I have read, says to run 10-15 lbs when your not towing. Also, don't raise the truck by the frame with air in the bags, it can damage them. Always let all the air old, then add air after it's back on the ground.
If you have any other questions, you can look at: http://riderite.com/Ride-Rite%20Product%20Detail/t/installation. You listed your truck as a 1500, if that is the case, I'm guessing the Ride-Rite that was installed is for a 2500. You should be able to get the numbers off it, to check it out for sure.

Hope this helps and God bless,
Mike

Hi there, i have 2 trucks a 1500 and a 3500 i also sell ride rite, so many that both my systems were gifts and i love them both. first, your system is designed for your truck a 1500 and 2500 are different systems, second the 2 lines out the rear is the cheap way out but don't despair it can be fixed and its not expensive. the kit was designed-to run 2 lines out the rear and added on to, you can get a compressor and place it under the hood on the spare battery tray and add a gauge, either single or dual in the cab quite cheaply, in my 1500 i run an analogue gauge that fills and empty both at the same time, its cheap and easy and works like a charm. Remember to always keep 10 lbs in the bags. If you need more help pm me or go to the ride rite site its really easy
Cheers steve

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions and I appreciate the help regarding the Ride Rite.  I noticed there are several kinds of compressors.  Which one is the best? Or where do I go online to research compressors?

mike1poles said:
Always let all the air old, then add air after it's back on the ground.

Mike, are you saying let the old air out and install new air?  ;D  :eek: ::) ;D :D ;)  Just kidding!!!

whosgreg said:
Thank you for the wonderful suggestions and I appreciate the help regarding the Ride Rite.  I noticed there are several kinds of compressors.  Which one is the best? Or where do I go online to research compressors?

the only difference with the compressor is the fill rate and for someone like you and me the regular compressor works just fine we use them on weekends during the summer etc not like someone who hauls all the time you should have a 2430 kit which i for your truck a 2528 kit is for the 3/4 and 1 ton

here are the options for that kit

http://riderite.com/-/media/www/riderite/files/Air%20Accessory/Air%20Control%20Systems%20Guide.pdf

the analoge gauges work really well and are the cheapest and it allows you with a compessor to adjust the air while on the fly  just remember to keep 10-15 lbs air in all the time when not towing and don't let the air in the bags go past its expiry date

grashley said:
Steve

Where do they print the expiry date for the air?

On every compressor there is a chart based and upon altitude, and air temp when filling up multiplied by zy to the third is the general rule but moon phases have to be taken into account  8) its usually pasted on the doohickey
Cheers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom