carpet vs lino floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sass

Just purchased 89 Fleetwood rallye and want to replace carpet. Opinions on using carpet or lino would be greatly appreciated.  I am a newbe to rvs. 

Do you use the RV in the summer only? Do you intend to use in the cold months (October - April)?

Yves

Both.  We will be using it to travel south. So we will be in cold part of the time.

Be aware that if you use your RV in cold weather, you get alot of cold air coming from the floor.  So Carpet is very useful for insulating the cold out.

But carpet is NOT great in the kitchen area. I would recommend you put lino in the kitchen and put carpet elsewhere. I am not a carpet fan, but it is useful in an RV used in cold weather.

Good luck...

As kind of an unofficial poll, I have seen one instance here of a person removing tile to install carpet. On the other hand I'll bet I've seen well over a hundred removing carpet to tile an rv. That despite the fact that it is easier to install carpet!

If that's not a deciding argument, look at more recent rv's and you'll find that many are finally going to tile with the exception of the bed room.

Ernie

Howdy neighbor back at ya. I am in naples maine by sebego lake. Taking off south soon in the mini wini. We are picking it up today. Excited to be a newbe .

sass said:
Howdy neighbor back at ya. I am in naples maine by sebego lake. Taking off south soon in the mini wini. We are picking it up today. Excited to be a newbe .

We've camped at Colonial Mast CG on Long Lake a few years ago.

I live 4 miles from there near the causeway. Great next time give us a shout. We do lots of kayaking.

Last summer, we tried Naples KOA Campground. We weren't impressed at all. Visited the Songo River Lock. That was interesting.

Oh I don't know where Koa is. Yes the locks is a cool spot to go through in a party boat to sebego lake. Fun area

sass said:
Oh I don't know where Koa is. Yes the locks is a cool spot to go through in a party boat to sebego lake. Fun area

It's off Rte. 114 about a mile after the Naples Country club. It's on the right.  The entrance is right (200') after the entrance to Loon's Haven Family CG

I've heard of throw rugs, but never throw linoleum.

I'd put down a floor that is easy to sweep and mop clean, then use non-skid throw rugs where I need to keep my feet warm.

I considered linoleum when I replaced my carpet last year, but decided to go with carpet squares instead.  It wasn't too difficult a job and I'm happy with the results and the feel underfoot.

I'd go with lino installed, then buy a couple good quality rugs.  The rugs can be taken out when you don't want them in or need to clean them, and replaced when they get too worn.

Back
Top Bottom