Windshield glass have a Born On Date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john owens

Hello Guys and Gals. We have a new to use 2011 37F Adventurer. I am going thru a ton of nitemares with this fresh purchase....So many problems with the electrical,slides.electric toilet and more. Bought a 7k dollar extended warranty contract...We have used the rig once since we bought it in Oct. Todays question/gripe is it rained 3 inches here in Cali in two days...There was water dripping in the front inside cab area above the drivers seat. The drivers door is teally hard to open so not I'm wondering if this thing was in an accident. Is there a born on date for windshield glass I can look at?? The rig is super clean with low miles and the engine info tells me there is only 177 miles on it. ^K on the odemeter now. I am soo bummed...our Class C Itasca was a sweetheart..thus we stuck with Winnebago......Sorry for the ramblings and all the typing errors.  Won't take it back to the Dealer they are too far...and I don't like the lip service they specialize in..

Couple of mistypes...Engine has 177 hours on it...rig had 6 thousand. Oh and with the rain...Now the 120 volt wall plugs in the upper cabinets above the driver are not working...No tv or winnegard satellite operation..which is brand new. Checked all the breakers but can't figure out how to energize these wallplugs, which worked last time out in  December.....

Most car windows I have seen have a date on the badge located near the bottom of the window. Your wall plugs might not work if the engine is on.

Your drip over the drivers area may be from the front outside marker lights.  If the silicone has dried out, water can stream in when it rains heavy. From there it will  run to the path of least resistance. The drivers door may simply be sticking because of lack of use and the inside seal needs cleaning.  Wipe down the seal with a damp rag, and when it dries apply a light dusting of baby powder to it. It will keep it from sticking.

The plugs may have a GFCI that has tripped somewhere in the line. Check each of the plugs on that side with a volt meter if you have one.  It is probably something simple.

All motor vehicle window glass has a manufacturer date code on it.  It will tell the month and year of manufacturer.  It will be in the corner of the glass and may be a series of dots over letters or letter codes.  You will need to contact the glass manufacturer to find out how to read the code.  Since manufacturers use on demand supply, the drivers door, passenger door glass and windshield should all be made within a month of each other.  The windshield will be AS1 laminated glass and all the other glass will be AS2 tempered glass.

John-

Just so we understand the electrical question, a couple more follow up questions.  Are the 110V outlets near the tv the only ones that aren't working?  Is this when you are plugged into shore power with ignition off?  Or is it on inverter power when not plugged into shore power?  As Tom suggested, those outlets may be disabled while the ignition is on as a safety feature to keep from distracting the driver, but I assume you are not trying to operate the tv while the ignition is on. I can see how possibly the device that locks out those outlets could have failed.  (I honestly have no idea how that system works so others would have to chime in)

If you're not hooked up to shore power and the none of the outlets are working, that would probably be an inverter problem. If it's just some outlets, then it might be a tripped GFCI somewhere in the circuit, as Marty suggests.

Thanks to all for their input. I found what I believe is the date on the windshield. 2010 seems to be the year..no longer worried about any front end damage. Electrical seems to be on track. We just spent a week in a lovely RV park in Borrego Springs..Wall outlets AND the TV circuitry were corrected by tracing down the GFI'S. So I am pretty much a happy camper again. Do have to do more warranty work as the micro switches under the bed that control the slide are acting up. Gonna have that looked at this week. We really love this Rig. We have had Class C rigs for the last 10 years..and stepping up in class has been wonderfull. All the High Roller types stop and say Hi and complement us. Didn't happen so much before.....lol

Back
Top Bottom