Lottery Loser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
William52 said:
What a burden to be rich but I think I could handle it? I still would not buy a new DP.
I would buy a new DP but I would also hire a mechanic to fix all the problems. Unfortunately the mechanic would cost more than the DP but with a billion dollars I could afford it.

SeilerBird said:
If I wasn't dreaming I would not be buying tickets. 8)
One winner from Chino Hills CA so far....

lump sum and after taxes  =  $80 mil......put in a bank and you can live on the interest only of...... $600,000.00 per month.

SeilerBird said:
I would buy a new DP but I would also hire a mechanic to fix all the problems. Unfortunately the mechanic would cost more than the DP but with a billion dollars I could afford it.
    That much dough should be able to swim and fly.JS

So far it sounds like Tom S is the closest to the Florida winner.  Tom was it you?  We had 4 tickets and 2 of them had 1 number, guess I won a great big nothing  :(  So, there will be a Prevost or Newell salesman very disappointed at the Show today when I don't come in to buy.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    So far it sounds like Tom S is the closest to the Florida winner.  Tom was it you?  We had 4 tickets and 2 of them had 1 number, guess I won a great big nothing  :(  So, there will be a Prevost or Newell salesman very disappointed at the Show today when I don't come in to buy.
I was 50 miles away from the winner. I bought twenty dollars worth which gave me ten tickets for a total of 60 numbers. I got about four total numbers. So I wouldn't have won if I used the entire ticker. In 2013 when there was the last huge Powerball drawing I was also 50 miles from the winner but in the opposite direction.

SeilerBird said:
I was 50 miles away from the winner.

In 2013 when there was the last huge Powerball drawing I was also 50 miles from the winner but in the opposite direction.

That's called dialing in the range.  Next time you should be right on target.  ;)

Lou Schneider said:
That's called dialing in the range.  Next time you should be right on target.  ;)
I think so Lou. The first one was to the northwest and the second one was to the southeast. I am getting ready for the next one by going shopping for a Prevost.

While I appear not to have won big, I did  have a million dollars worth of fun dreaming about  the big win.  We laughed and shared dreams with friends.  Heck we  even had a pact to share some of the winnings if we hit it.  A fun time and I wish the winner well with the new fortune!

But I am still highly disappointed this morning....This was the  first time in years I've bought into the lottery so there was a real possibility.  Fun to dream! 

Typical result. Bought two tickets and not one number on either was drawn. Now I guess I will wait until the prize gets to 2B.

Well I must sat that I am a winner this morning. No I did not win the big prize but spent $4.00 on 2 tickets and although I did not have a single white number I did have the #10 powerball with a $4.00 payoff.
I'll put that away for the next time it gets to a Billion. Maybe it will bring me luck and it is a great feeling to say I was a winner in the 1.6 Billion dollar lottery.

I did a LOT of reading on what to do if you win a big lottery.  There is a lot to go through to be able to save on a large amount of taxes and being able to set your family up to benefit from the winnings without them being taxed to death too. Seems like a lot of stress is involved in being responsible with the winnings. Just give me about a million to take care of the wife and me. Let the rest of the family fin for themselves.

I saw a coule of stories that were not far off from that.  The first was a woman in the south wha has been sued so many times that her winnings are almost gone from legal fees.

Another woman has spent most of her winning bailing her drug dealing thug boyfriend(s) out of jail and paying their legal fees.

I don't think either of them is playing with a full deck.

Best advice:  move far far away.  But I think an RV might be the perfect solution.

BinaryBob said:
Bought a ticket. Didn't hit even one number.
Deduct two dollars on my taxes as gambling losses...... ;D

Bob

You get to write off your losses against winnings so first we have to win something. :-[

8Muddypaws said:
I saw a coule of stories that were not far off from that.  The first was a woman in the south wha has been sued so many times that her winnings are almost gone from legal fees.

The TLC show "Lottery Changed My Life" is quite insightful, and I've only seen a few episodes some years back.  Hint: the stories rarely have a positive outcome.  The majority of lottery contributors (and thus winners) are from low-income classifications with little education on how to handle money, especially not large windfalls.  The results are sometimes painfully predictable.

Dangit, I didn't win either.  I guess I would have had to buy a ticket first though.

Oh well, I guess Chrystal and I will just keep plugging along and enjoying our RV as often as we can, no different than most everyone else here I'm assuming.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom