Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wigpro

I spend my winters in Joshua Tree and was recently award Picture of the Week on a photography forum I belong to - always nice to be recognized by your peers...

Love it here....

Jim

Attachments

• Joshua-Tree-Winner.jpg
    Joshua-Tree-Winner.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 129
Very very nice Jim, it is easy to see why you won. I love Joshua Tree, it is one of my favorite National Parks. I have attached a photo of one of my campsites to help explain why I love it so much.

Attachments

• Cool Campsite at Joshua Tree NP (1).jpg
    Cool Campsite at Joshua Tree NP (1).jpg
    226 KB · Views: 92
Going to Joshua Tree for the first time on Tuesday for a few days. Planning on camping at Jumbo Rocks Campgrounds. Any other ideas? Really looking forward to it. We have been talking about camping there for a long time and never made it.

Jeff and Anita said:
Going to Joshua Tree for the first time on Tuesday for a few days. Planning on camping at Jumbo Rocks Campgrounds. Any other ideas? Really looking forward to it. We have been talking about camping there for a long time and never made it.

Take the geology trail at least until you get to the 4 wheel drive only sign - but if you have 4 wheel drive do the loop....very interesting - also make arrangements to hike to the ranch - see the park office they run guided tours well worth it....

Then stop at all the obvious road side pull outs and don't miss the Chollo Cactus Garden....

You will enjoy it...

Jim

Jeff and Anita said:
I agree with Jim, the ranch and Chollo Cactus Gardens are two places not to miss. Be prepared to be blown away. Joshua Tree is an awesome place, you are going at the right time of year and it won't be too crowded. Jumbo Rocks is one of the most beautiful campgrounds in the country. Drive all around it before you choose a site. They have some pretty isolated sites. Visit both of the visitors centers for more information on things to do there. Be sure to come back here next week and give us a report on JT. And if you do like it then try Death Valley if you haven't been there yet.

SeilerBird said:
I agree with Jim, the ranch and Chollo Cactus Gardens are two places not to miss. Be prepared to be blown away. Joshua Tree is an awesome place, you are going at the right time of year and it won't be too crowded. Jumbo Rocks is one of the most beautiful campgrounds in the country. Drive all around it before you choose a site. They have some pretty isolated sites. Visit both of the visitors centers for more information on things to do there. Be sure to come back here next week and give us a report on JT. And if you do like it then try Death Valley if you haven't been there yet.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looking forward to the Geology Trail and Chollo Cactus Gardens. We have been to Death Valley several times. One of our favorite places in the desert.

Jeff and Anita said:
Thanks for the suggestions. Looking forward to the Geology Trail and Chollo Cactus Gardens. We have been to Death Valley several times. One of our favorite places in the desert.

Here are a few more things to see at Joshua Tree NP...

Attachments

• P2041792Rev4-B&WLoLoLo.jpg
    P2041792Rev4-B&WLoLoLo.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Joshua-Tree-Star-Trails-compositeRev11LoLoLo.jpg
    Joshua-Tree-Star-Trails-compositeRev11LoLoLo.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 30
  • P2041941Rev1-LoLoLo.jpg
    P2041941Rev1-LoLoLo.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 30
  • PB113675Rev1LoLoLo.jpg
    PB113675Rev1LoLoLo.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 31
We just left Joshua Tree after 5 days. We preferred Belle campground to Jumbo Rocks. The JR sites were mostly just wide spots to pull off the road, not as appropriate for our travel trailer with slide. YMMV. Before I got there, I thought the main attraction would be the Joshua Trees, but I found the rocks to be much more interesting! The advantage of much of the west is that you can see the bones of the land. Farther east the bones are hidden under dirt and harder to see.

Just go back from spending 3 nights at Jumbo Rocks Campground. Loved the campground. Took our jeep off-roading on Pinkham Canyon Trail and The Geology Trail.

Attachments

• campground.jpg
    campground.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom