GM stepped up to the plate as far as my DEF issues.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Back in 2011 I believe, The Federal Government mandated auto manufactures to install emission controls on their diesel trucks and cars.  Anyone with a 2011 or a 2012 Dura Max diesel with over 40,000 miles probably have had issues with the DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) system. 2 years ago, I had to replace the NOX 1 sensor. 5 months ago, I had to change the DEF injector.  2 weeks ago, I had to change the NOX 2 sensor. All were covered by the warrantee.  My concern now is my warrantee runs out this coming August or 9,000 miles from now.

I contacted GM Customer Service and spoke to a gal named Belinda. I wanted to know if GM had done anything to fix this problem. I've read where some people have had to change NOX sensors 2 or 3 times and they're not cheap. The impression is that nothing has been done to fix this problem.  To make a long story short, they ended up giving me a extended warrantee contract for 2 years or 20,000 miles starting now. Free of charge. This warrantee covers just about anything on my truck. It covers pretty much all mechanical and electrical stuff like pumps, motors, sensors, switches, pistons, steering linkages, U joints, transmission, and hundreds more. They will pay for towing if my truck breaks down because of one of the covered items. They will pay for a rental car if the repair takes more than one day. If I'm on vacation and over 100 miles from home, they will pay for my food and lodging up to $200.00 per day. That made my day. I feel a little bit at ease now at least for the next 2 years.  Just wanted to share this in case other members are in the same boat.

If I'm not mistaken, the emission system is required to be warrantied for 100, 000 (?) miles, but it still sounds like grea deal!

Ernie

Ernie n Tara said:
If I'm not mistaken, the emission system is required to be warrantied for 100, 000 (?) miles, but it still sounds like grea deal!

Ernie

I pulled out my owners manual and the way I read it, the warrantee for emissions is 5 years or 50,000 miles whichever comes first.

Hi Rene,

Glad to hear that GM got you covered in the end. And this speaks very well of the company, it's another good thing we've heard about them and their products.

I would really like to consider GM for our future truck... the problem is that, try as I might, I simply can't find complete numbers for them, as I've mentioned here and elsewhere: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,90763.msg818504.html#msg818504

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Back
Top Bottom