Where to rent an RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrvlShell

DH and I are starting to think about buying an RV, and are thinking about renting one for a short trip in the late spring/early summer to get a taste of what traveling in an RV would be like.  I was wondering where are good places to rent an RV (class C) from?  I know about Cruise America, and there is one not too far from us, so I know that is an option.  Are there any other similar companies I should consider, or any other options for places to rent an RV from.  Thanks!

You can also check on craigslist for private rentals. Sometimes you can get a good deal.

I found      https://rvshare.com/      This site has private owners  who are willing to rent their units.Enter a city or zip code to find nearby units.    For my area, the bottom line price was better for many units because there was no mandatory setup or cleanup fee and some had linen and kitchen setup included.  I have not rented an RV, but I felt these units were probably better maintained by private owners than large corporate units would be maintained.

We plan to get an RV when my DW retires.  We want to rent one for a week first to make sure we really want to do this.

Check one of the places that sells RV's in your area.  We have 4 dealers, one of them rents.  But they are not cheap.

Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll check out all those options.  Looks like El Monte RV is similar to Cruise America.  Between those two, is one any better than the other?

TrvlShell said:
Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll check out all those options.  Looks like El Monte RV is similar to Cruise America.  Between those two, is one any better than the other?

Cruise America and El Monte seem very similar.

We're in the Boston area.  We'd probably be headed to Maine so renting from somewhere in Maine could also be an option if we could work out the logistics.

if you do a search of RV dealers within the Boston area you should come up with some rental places as some dealers rent also call a few they may have some suggestions for you  - I love Maine - used to fly into Portland on business lots

Note the TRUE cost of renting from El Monte or Cruise America or local dealers.  In addition to the daily rate, expect rental prep fees, cleanup fees, extra charge for sheets and towels, extra charge for kitchen stuff, credit card processing fees, etc.  The higher daily rate may actually end up being much cheaper.

Thanks Steve!  We love Maine too.  And seems like a perfect place for us to give a "first RV trip" a try.

Thanks for the additional tips grashley!  I'll be sure to ask about extra fees when I call places for info - and make sure I know what's included and what's an extra charge.

Are there any pros/cons to renting from somewhere like Cruise America/El Monte versus renting from a dealer?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom