Dinettes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William52

DW and I really want to find the perfect Class A, But buying used we may have to settle for one without a dinette. Looking at one tomorrow that has neither and is listed as needs table. So I have looked abt. for a dinette and with little luck. Is there a good site to find one? Or a salvage and used yard somewhere near Houston Tx. Found some online and pricey 700.00 and up. Help!

I have had two class As in which I ripped out the dinette. I did not like them. Way to uncomfortable to eat at, sit at or sleep at. You don't have to get an RV dinette, any dinette could be used. It would be a lot cheaper and easier to install like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Coaster-Piece-Dining-Set-Cappuccino/dp/B006ECSHL2/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1453158819&sr=1-6&keywords=dinette

DW likes the storage and a place for grandchildren to sleep so you know I won't argue with her cause she is right. But like the bistro set maybe all weather for outside? So maybe a temporary set may get us by if I buy this Dolphin?

I'm sort of partial to a U-shaped dinette myself, although i do understand that it reduces table space and the inner seat(s) are hard to get at.
The reason I like it is the corners make for good chaise lounges... A U gives you two, while and L gives you one.
In our old popup we had what they called a gaucho.... basically one of the dinette benches extended to span the entire width of the back wall, then wrapped the corner coming forward a bit.  That was the best seat in the house.
Granted in a larger class a you could have an honest to goodness flexsteel or lazy boy type chair... but if you want a dinette....

If I were faced with the OP's question, and needed a dinette with banquette seating instead of a table and chairs, I would very likely just build my own.  It's really nothing but a plywood box with some cushions thrown on.  That way, I could consider ways to customize by optimizing the back rest angle for best comfort, custom located drawers or cabinets, etc....  then any upholstery shop or even a friend with a sewing machine can make up some simple cushions if you yourself are not so handy with a singer....

I'm with SeilerBird. I would go with http://www.amazon.com/Coaster-Piece-Dining-Set-Cappuccino/dp/B006ECSHL2/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1453158819&sr=1-6&keywords=dinette as he suggested and We will also tear out the jackknife sofa and replace it with loungers. We'll squeeze in a credenza for storage. We don't plan to haul a bunch of grandkids or adults. It's just the two of us and we want more comfy living areas. Too bad manufacturers haven't figured that MHs are not one size fits all!

SeilerBird said:
I have had two class As in which I ripped out the dinette. I did not like them. Way to uncomfortable to eat at, sit at or sleep at. You don't have to get an RV dinette, any dinette could be used. It would be a lot cheaper and easier to install like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Coaster-Piece-Dining-Set-Cappuccino/dp/B006ECSHL2/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1453158819&sr=1-6&keywords=dinette
  I need to follow you on next coach purchase. LOL

for 160.00 that set has to be cheaply made, (table and chairs) I have no problem nor does anyone else we have over getting in and out of our dinette booth. It does have extra storage under the seats and converts into the extra bed space when the grandchildren come over. Our dinette booth was not in our motorhome,  so i made one and had the cushions professionally covered. We had purchased the foam cushions and the fabric but, the wife thought the heavy fabric was too much for her sewing machine. It still cost us around 7-800 dollars if I remember correctly. The plywood is the least of the expense if you wanted to start there. You might put an ad in the paper or CL

Back
Top Bottom