Former teachers looking for students

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbrownalive

My wife and I will begin full-timing in Sept. of 2016.  We are both retired elementary teachers and would like to use our skills to help homeschooling parents.

We envision working with families, or groups of students at campgrounds around the country.

We can't be the only one doing this.  Is anybody aware of opportunities for a couple that loves teaching, but want to do it outside of the school systems.

Thanks for your help.

Dan and Leeann Brown
Stevensville, MI

We have joked about doing the same thing when we retire!  I have done a few web searches and found groups like this - http://www.familiesontheroad.com/ - some states require a certified teacher sign off of home school stuff, so you may want to research that side of it, too.  Are you NBCT by any chance?

It is not what you have envisioned, but there are paid and volunteer docent positions at many fish hatcheries, historical sites and museums. Your teaching background would be a good fit for something like that. I would run a search on road schooling, fulltiming families or something similar to see if there is a spot the families congregate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom